• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a nice plain light brown belt online?

mxmlitvinov

Reaction score
I've been searching for a couple of days now for such an item and can't find something that fits my requirements anywhere.

Basically, I have a couple of pairs of light brown / tan / chestnut / cognac loafers and nothing but very dark brown and black belts. I'm wanting a belt that might complement them and be versatile then - wearable with jeans, chinos and dress pants...

Anyway, I've been searching for something with the following characteristics and have had no luck:
> fits 33" waist (32" or 34" belt is fine, or one that can be cut to size)
> is plain (not rivetted, distressed, stitched all over, embossed etc.)
> isn't heavily branded (I don't want people knowing the brand from over a metre away)
> is preferably a smooth, 'glossy' rather than matte, soft Italian calf leather or similar (I don't want alligator or similar and don't really like hard grain)
> is made basically from a single solid piece of leather (not contrast, not anything but leather, not braided)
> will ship to Australia
> is around US$200 or less
> is a reddish brown or at least a light brown
> has a rather simple, silver (coloured) buckle
> can be normal or reversible - I don't mind

I've tried Bluefly, but they have a limited selection. Yoox have more but nothing ultra suitable. Forzieri have several nice belts, but don't appear to stock any of them in my size. Raffaello Network have an Etro belt that fits my description perfectly but wouldn't fit me. They also have lots of Dupont belts that look promising, but the problem is that they never seem to show the brown side of their reversible belts, so I don't know if it's a dark brown (unsuitable) or a normal brown (okay).

If they had it in my size I would have already settled for this or
etrbel-9037800marronep.jpg

... while if I knew the brown side of this belt was reversible I would have settled for it:

dupacc-6990120ne-p.jpg

Any ideas of where else to find belts - I think I've exhausted pretty much any avenue: looked at shoe stores, looked at various designers with web stores, looked at leathergoods sellers like Aspinal and Pierotucci, looked at general shopping sites like Bluefly and Yoox... Anyone know the colour of the brown on S.T. Dupont reversible belts?

mxmlitvinov

Reaction score
I ended up going for this Dupont belt:
g_photo128_1.jpg
Not quite what I was originally looking for, but I'm happy with it even if my budget changed a tad.

mxmlitvinov

Reaction score
Well, I would have been willing to... but now I have made my purchase, the most important thing psychologically for me is to tell myself I made the best purchase possible...

So, in the spirit of self-affirmation, I'm happy to say that I at least prefer my purchase to the one Edward Green belt I've seen thus far, though it is simple and good as you say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads