• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is your style going?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ that is me right now and I like it.

So direction, check
Just have to refine it

mf, toj off the top of my head do the whole minimalistic+color/patterns/tones well in a balanced way.

ChronBong

Reaction score
just some standard stuff but with a unique style/color of my own.

lets say i gotta have shawl collar cardigan and deep v cardigan and a low v cardigan and a shawl herringbone sweatshirt that would complete it.

also like to buy 2-3 raw denims and the rest washed. black, blue, light blue, dark blue, waxed. like dior jeans, D&G, se7ens, diesels, dsquared...etc.

various of v-necks, crew necks tees. sweaters. usually virgin wool/wool/cashmere types of higher end qualities.

henley longsleeve shirt. just a little added style of clothing.

just the basics but not too plain and crappy looking. also very high in quality.

before it was just some gaundy crap like true religion and some ******* lame graphic design crap. pretty rare for me right now to find the right graphic tee. except i rather have it original printed like the horiyoshi clothing line...liek the black tee with a tiger on rock. thats how u really make a graphic designed tee.

basically i just have alot of variety. i dont try to overfashion myself like some of the ppl here and sufu. no offense if it makes u happy and fits UR type of style/fit then all the best to u.

my style is just stylish enough for everybody to admire. thats for damn sure.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lets say i gotta have shawl collar cardigan and deep v cardigan and a low v cardigan and a shawl herringbone sweatshirt that would complete it.

also like to buy 2-3 raw denims and the rest washed. black, blue, light blue, dark blue, waxed. like dior jeans, D&G, se7ens, diesels, dsquared...etc.

various of v-necks, crew necks tees. sweaters. usually virgin wool/wool/cashmere types of higher end qualities.

just the basics but not too plain and crappy looking. also very high in quality.

before it was just some gaundy crap like true religion and some ******* lame graphic design crap. pretty rare for me right now to find the right graphic tee. except i rather have it original printed like the horiyoshi clothing line...liek the black tee with a tiger on rock.  thats how u really make a graphic designed tee.

basically i just have alot of variety. i dont try to overfashion myself like some of the ppl here and sufu. no offense if it makes u happy and fits UR type of style/fit then all the best to u.

Obvious troll post is obvious.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

before it was just some gaundy crap like true religion and some ******* lame graphic design crap. pretty rare for me right now to find the right graphic tee. except i rather have it original printed like the horiyoshi clothing line...liek the black tee with a tiger on rock.  thats how u really make a graphic designed tee.

Wait are you....an Alpha Male?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finding it easier to experiment with my style in college. I'm not really wearing anything that would make someone stop and look at how well dressed I am, but I'm still a lot more well dressed than all my friends.

I find a good thing to do is to buy the Uniqlo, see how much you wear it then buy a better version of it. You pretty much never regret a purchase and the Uniqlo item you bought becomes beater clothing. Just upped my oxford game and I roll with BB ESF now. I rotate between my Skull 5010 jeans, N&F Weird Guy in Indigo (not a huge fan of the fit), N&F Duck pants in skinny guy (love the fit), and a collection of Uniqlo Vintage Chinos. Have my own collection of plain and graphic t-shirts on the days when I'm just another college student. Three flannels for fall wear and a few hoodies and crewneck sweatshirts. Rotate between Vans, adidas Sambas, Clarks DB, and LLB Katahdin Boots. Main outerwear are a North Face down jacket, Peacoat, and a M65 parka for rainy days. Get me another pair of denim where I absolutely nail down the fit and maybe another pair of boots and possibly a pair of CPs and I'm set for the rest of my 4 years of college.

I really want to find a navy blazer that I would feel comfortable wearing for the next 10 years.

Last edited:

Johnny5

Reaction score
Dark military inspired wool knitted stuff with combat boots..... guess that will be the huge part of me this year. But there is still this small part of me wanting vibrant streetwear styling (think Rehacer, TAKAHIROMIYASHITATheSoloIst and stuff)... guess I can have that during my "off" days. It is almost impossible for me to keep up with 2 styles.... ain't got the dough to do that.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Dark military inspired wool knitted stuff with combat boots.....

that's what I've been working on too... here's my problem though, I've realized and observed that like half of what everyone else is wearing (ie the GAP) is somewhat military inspired in a watered down way, so even if I'm wearing actual vintage pieces or modern designer versions, somehow we end up looking too similar. Like I wear minimalist clean cuts with subtle military themes and colors - eg green crew sweater with epilettes, beige slim khakis with cargo pockets and brown boots...

how can I 'up my game' even if the overall look I'm going for seems somewhat common?

Last edited:

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got sick of any formal anything after working as a host-***-manager all summer and winter, so now it's a little wilder and more androgynous... gonna get a bit of a pixie cut and some thick slouchy sweaters in rich colors and some Docs or little venetian loafers or something, maybe some jewelry depending on what I can find. Something I can credibly wear to art school parties.

that's what I've been working on too... here's my problem though, I've realized and observed that like half of what everyone else is wearing (ie the GAP) is somewhat military inspired in a watered down way, so even if I'm wearing actual vintage pieces or modern designer versions, somehow we end up looking too similar. Like I wear minimalist clean cuts with subtle military themes and colors - eg green crew sweater with epilettes, beige slim khakis with cargo pockets and brown boots...
how can I 'up my game' even if the overall look I'm going for seems somewhat common?

I mean if you just want to distinguish yourself from people who aren't consciously buying a certain style of clothing, there are price barriers that you can smash through in terms of fabric and construction. Really textured knitwear, a tweed coat with really noticeable fibers, lots of nice leather gear. In the winter, just having a fitted sportcoat (with patches and a throat latch or something) between your sweater and your overcoat will be bonus points. But what you want is sitting right in the comfort zone of the unfashionable male - dark neutral colors, military styling, 'nothing too fancy' - and it's an easy game for low-end designers to play since they can mix and match military detailing ad infinitum and sell it every season.

Philip

Reaction score
I used to be really into that Thom browne punk prep things and i still am sort of but I'm getting into the cabourn look more and more everyday so I guess that's where I'm heading and thank god for that because it'll be easier to find stuff and for much cheaper too.

Although what I wear during the summer will never ever change. It'll always be grey and navy polo shirts, and olive and beige chinos.

Also I'll probably always wear mcnairy shoes because that's the only part of my clothing arsenal I don't mind having fun with colour wise.

Philip

Reaction score
Lol art school parties

ChronBong

Reaction score
Wait are you....an Alpha Male?

u could say that, being said i do go to the gym 5x a week.

and my last purchase was mij 19cm raw diors which i am wearing right now trying to break in those mean fukers. :)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads