• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is your style going?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
turrible i've been looking for those in my size

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would have to special order via C&J

They weren't in the catalogue, they were from their eBay store proxy thing (guy goes to their IRL store and puts them up)

Special order is pretty expensive, better off going through Vass man, prices are better for what you get (Better leather, better construction - hand welted + always have channeled sole, cordovan if you want it, special modifiers etc)

Will probably end up ordering a pair or two of Vass shoes yearly in the future, might get either Carmina or Vass for my wedding / evening shoes (Black brogue seamed captoe oxfords, mirror shined)

Speaking of which, IDK if I should kop a MMM tuxedo or get good MTM with english fabric. Decisions decisions.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Razele can you post up links for bespoke trousers? i liked your place for MTM shirts you posted before :)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Don't worry broski I got vass boots coming.

I only cop the c&js that pop up from time to time that have already been made up.

Johnny5

Reaction score

tween, I spent like 5 hours straight the other night going through the back logs of his site. It's my new favorite fashion blog too, I wonder where he finds all of this stuff.

Incidentally, where can I buy all this stuff?

Freaking awesome garments! I think most can be found in Rakuten or Zozotown

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent gotten any yet

Its what Phat Guido uses over in MC, a high end MTM place down in Melbourne, run by two Saville Row tailors.

Quite good and prices are nice. MC gets a lot of flack but trousers are trousers. Wool incotex are like 90 - 120 bucks each on MC B&S and they are really nice IMO, really nice quality. Fit is good just need to get a taper put in @ the tailors. ie. I get all my denim tapered, as I like a medium to high rise, worn slouchy with a tapered leg on some stacks. For pants I like medium rise, no slouch, single shallow pleat, usually flannels or worsteds and tapered leg, no cuffs.

Best thing people could learn is what fits and what doesn't and how to tailor things, i.e learning to pin stuff yourself and understanding the fit that works for you. There was some thread on MC ages ago comparing a guy that got a H&M suit and got it in the right size, then tailored it, looked quite nice with a basic shirt and decent tie, far better then plenty of abortive MTM and ****** Bespoke jobs.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't worry broski I got vass boots coming.
I only cop the c&js that pop up from time to time that have already been made up.

Vass boots will be really nice. I still love Fuumas boot, and would get something similar possibly in the future.

Nice MC stuff is nice, and people should look at stuff like that more. Just avoid the colour palette like a plague, all that brown tweed is gross.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been lurking for two years almost now... and no drastic style change. I think its cause don't got the moneys to experiment :foo:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edited my work uniform down to a hybrid of mc/sw minimalism. Like Razele said Incotex, panta, etc works well and I've had to buy both flannel and tropical wool. Off the rack solid white or blue ocbd or mtm dress shirt perfect length for untucked. Seasonal fabrics a must. Plain toe oxfords only in black and brown.

For dinner out, art opening etc I'll basically wear the same thing in designers (dries, mmm, ss) but with patterns/prints for shirting. I have some Lanvin and Dries jackets to add if needed. Still just wearing beat ass APC's and white or grey v-neck t's for everything else. Added a bunch of footwear this year to replace my old cps.. .gats hi and low, some raf, 2 pair of guidi. Need to figure out shorts for summer then I'm done.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been working on ways to wear more formal things with more casual or relaxed combinations. I like the idea of wearing a suit or blazer but without looking like a banker or a Kiton ad. e.g. mixing more casual things in like a chunky knit or a tee or boots, etc. I also like the idea of playing with shape like a relaxed suit jacket with skinny pant or vice versa. We'll see. My style is kind of in flux right now with a few different modes that aren't always in synch.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been working on ways to wear more formal things with more casual or relaxed combinations. I like the idea of wearing a suit or blazer but without looking like a banker or a Kiton ad. e.g. mixing more casual things in like a chunky knit or a tee or boots, etc. I also like the idea of playing with shape like a relaxed suit jacket with skinny pant or vice versa. We'll see. My style is kind of in flux right now with a few different modes that aren't always in synch.

Blazer + tee + tapered pants with stackin (no hem - denim, slim cords etc) + sleek boots is an easy and winning combination IMO. As long as the blazer is relatively dark. It's easy because it just looks like you've thrown a blazer on over what you're wearing, so it doesn't look like you're trying too hard like, say, a tie might imply.

The key is the boots i think. Can't be anything ugly (e.g. red wings) or anything with broguing.

this was my recent effort in WAYWT. some people didn't like the structure on the blazer but that's what i like about it. Could've removed pocketsquare.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea where my style is heading any more.

I sorta just wanna say ******* and wear basic staples. I'm feeling lost

Rompson

Reaction score
I'm thinking about using less color and less detail in what i wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads