• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is an awesome pic. :slayer:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So in light of the Clark's hate, I wore the longwings (or cap toes, they have both and I'm not really up on shoe etymology, AE strands) today instead.

Liam,

Strands are Captoes the perforations on the toe are not wing tips.

ForwWingtips, there are two main varities, Short Wings (like AE McAllisters) and Long Wings (like AE Macneils)

BTW, I think the Strands are a big imporvement over the Clarks. Clarks DB's have their place, mostly with very casual looks, jeans and some chinos, IMHO.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending a month in Paris. Any recommendations on what to see outside of the typical?
Living in the 4th for now. All restaurants seem to be horribly overpriced. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Oleg

Reaction score

Spending a month in Paris. Any recommendations on what to see outside of the typical?
Living in the 4th for now. All restaurants seem to be horribly overpriced. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Was looking for the details of a great bistro I found last time I was there. They've become a real rarity in the centre. Anyway, I failed to do so but stumbled across this which might be of interest:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/may/06/top-10-bistros-in-paris

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, the Latin quarter did seem more reasonable. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score

Highly recommend the gardens at the Rodin Museum to chill out. You have to pay 1 euro for entrance, but then again you're surrounded by masterworks in one of Paris' most serene parks. Not nearly as crowded as Luxembourg, which - as you know - is also quite lovely.

http://www.musee-rodin.fr/en/museum/musee-rodin-paris/garden

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

She's right, I recently read a two-volume biography of Rodin, and Rose was the wife, Camille the mistress.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The prix fixe dinner at Au Boeuf Couronne (http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/gu...2088/au-boeuf-couronne/restaurant-detail.html) is a steal and a grand affair.
Le Verre Siffleur is also a nice affordable bistro for lunch (http://www.lefooding.com/restaurant/restaurant-le-verre-siffleur-paris.html).

When the weather is nice, I am a fan of chilling in the Tuileries Garden. The Musee Orangerie and Musee Marmottan-Monet are also less known gems if you are into art.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With temperatures reaching near 90F/32C here in NYC today, suits are not an option, so here's upr_crust, unplugged, as it were.

Everything is BB, BTW

IMG_1276539x1280.jpg

IMG_1275364x1280.jpg

IMG_1274842x1280.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. The pants look slimmer than your usuals- looks good.

They're BB Milano khakis, and yes, they are slimmer-cut. I bought them for a trip I took to the UK last May, and bought them at the last moment, in a rush, but they've proven to be OK - so long as I don't overeat :satisfied:.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads