• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying a couple moments of quiet after watering plants for my Dad

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOBD, you do not fail to impress myself with your casual outfits, but might those Aldens be too slim for your feet?
Maybe it is due to the fact that you concentrate your whole weight to your right foot and stand twisted, but the pinky of your right foot is very clearly visible through the leather and I am afraid you could both hurt your foot as well as your shoe with a last which is not wide enough for your feet.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This looks great, but I tend to dislike zippers on sweaters. Buttons always looks better IMHO.

Initially, I wanted the button version, but it was sold out... But I like this one as well, due to the dual zips SB mentioned: that way I can "open up" the bottom a bit, like I would with a buttoned cardigan.

NOBD, you do not fail to impress myself with your casual outfits, but might those Aldens be too slim for your feet?
Maybe it is due to the fact that you concentrate your whole weight to your right foot and stand twisted, but the pinky of your right foot is very clearly visible through the leather and I am afraid you could both hurt your foot as well as your shoe with a last which is not wide enough for your feet.

Thanks, Louis. You're right. Wide feet (and high instep) nearly always cause some kind of problem with shoes. They are comfortable though, because the leather is really soft (unlined). So, they might hurt my shoes, but not my feet :).

What are the jeans?? You nailed the fit.

Thank you:

9qp9e.jpg

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you won't suffer from a hallux valgus due to wearing shoes too narrow for your feet.
I know some people, mostly female though, who suffered from it and have had to have surgery and it meant a lot of trouble and pain.
If you like handsewn shoes maybe you can find a style in Rancourt which you like.
I have wider feet myself and going up from a standard D to an E width meant I received a very well fitting shoe.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They are comfortable though, because the leather is really soft (unlined). So, they might hurt my shoes, but not my feet :).

it's visible, unfortunately. :(

having no stabiliziation is not healthy either.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, gentlemen. I walk shoeless most of the day...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IS was speaking Yiddutch. They use the definite counter intuitively.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here was my attempt at dressing reasonably nicely while accounting for Iceland, I was actually freezing in this, but I'll live. Wasn't sure about the pants at first, tighter than I normally do, but they seem to fit pretty well, imo. sorry the pics are a bit ****, but I'm working with a phone and the largest mirror in the house is about the size of my ipad.

Fit:

Color

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SNS sweater?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads