• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you guys for comments. This jacket is really part of suit. I know the rules but sometimes it's good to break some of them :)

Yeah, just not in this case. Seriously, nothing wrong in my mind with pairing a sport coat with jeans, but this is obviously a suit coat, and just does not work very well with the jeans, at least to my eye. Probably the pattern and fabric that makes this incongruous with denim.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Steven Tyler can do it with that kind of jacket, but....not many others.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On reflection, I agree, though loose clothes in the summer have something to recommend them.
You obviously have a pronounced taste for irony
satisfied.gif

Crust, I always love your specs.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crust, I always love your specs.

Thank you. The brand name is Seraphin - my last two sets of specs, I've been channeling my inner New England WASP :D.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Judging by the pic (the only thing we have to go on), the boots do not look sleek, and they do look like Merrells.

Fuuma linked to another pic of the boots... do you get a Merrell vibe from all plaintoe boots? :confused:

I saw only the picture I referenced. I accept his assertion that they are not Merrell-ish IRL, but did agree with the commenter's take on that particular picture.

I don't get what the **** SB is on about. The boots are cool. The whole outfit is pretty damn good.

It's just Fuuma's soul patch that's concerning.

I didn't notice his soul patch. I'm not sure I know what the **** I'm on about, so your confusion is probably warranted.

hyt123

Reaction score

I normally wouldn't do the orphan jacket thing either but I like this. I suppose this goes to show that if you've got a good frame and dead-on fit then you can pretty much get away with almost anything.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse the button I missed. Hot freaking day.

From the front

Shoes are finally getting the patina I like.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I tucked the tie in because I had to lean forward while taking the picture.
Do you consider mixing silver watch and -beltbuckle with brass jacket buttons faux pas?

This should get more love. Not because you're a fellow Swede, but because this is a nice colour combination. The fit is hard to tell when you're sitting down though. As for brass buttons and silver watch+belt buckle, IMHO there should be a limit as to how much of a f**ck you should give about stuff (can easily look overthought).

NPHAF

Reaction score

I tend to stay away from brass buttons altogether
That said, I like the look here... are those wholecuts your'e wearing?

Thank's for the response!
Those are C&J Connaughts, guess I was wiggling my foot or something because it sort of came out of focus.
No. Great ensemble. Not terribly casual, though. :)

Well... I am wearing brown shoes (Hah!). Thank you though.
This should get more love. Not because you're a fellow Swede, but because this is a nice colour combination. The fit is hard to tell when you're sitting down though. As for brass buttons and silver watch+belt buckle, IMHO there should be a limit as to how much of a f**ck you should give about stuff (can easily look overthought).

As for myself, I tend not to care too much. If it feels well, I'll go for it. But it's always fun to know other well-dressed think about it.
Thank you for the keen words though, as for the fit; flawless :laugh:

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, just not in this case. Seriously, nothing wrong in my mind with pairing a sport coat with jeans, but this is obviously a suit coat, and just does not work very well with the jeans, at least to my eye. Probably the pattern and fabric that makes this incongruous with denim.

I normally wouldn't do the orphan jacket thing either but I like this. I suppose this goes to show that if you've got a good frame and dead-on fit then you can pretty much get away with almost anything.

And thanks again. I really appreciate your opinion

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

interesting bag... what is that, a Saddleback or something?

:embar: no haha. just a bag my parents got me for my graduation from undergrad a few years back. Likely from Macy's or something. I polish the leather and keep it nice and the quality is decent. I will probably never replace it for sentimental value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads