• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviv

Reaction score
Don't you know everyone wants 16 eyelets?

Yea. Enough Charles Dickens ****. Plenty of makeups out there at stockists with foolish quantities of eyelets. These have a nice old-timey work look that is still somehow casual. A few pages back we briefly discussed the 5-eyelet makeup. I'm pretty sure that for a GMTO they would do it, though it would be nice to know for sure if @LA Guy could find out ;)

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like Dayton service boots...?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not greatest shot but these had one of the tougher breakins but getting so comfortable now

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. Enough Charles Dickens ****. Plenty of makeups out there at stockists with foolish quantities of eyelets. These have a nice old-timey work look that is still somehow casual. A few pages back we briefly discussed the 5-eyelet makeup. I'm pretty sure that for a GMTO they would do it, though it would be nice to know for sure if @LA Guy could find out ;)
Not gonna happen, bro. I can tell you that for a certainty. It's 7 or 8, and Brett may be putting additional restrictions. We'll see.

Aviv

Reaction score
Those look like Dayton service boots...?

They are from Vibergs journal.

Not gonna happen, bro. I can tell you that for a certainty. It's 7 or 8, and Brett may be putting additional restrictions. We'll see.

That's really too bad. Not even 6?? Suddenly the MTO doesn't feel much like a MTO...

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are from Vibergs journal.

That's really too bad. Not even 6?? Suddenly the MTO doesn't feel much like a MTO...
MTO doesn't mean free-for-all. Think of it as any other sort of MTO from any other brand - there are always a list of customization choices. The number of eyelets has always been 7 normal or 8 mini. This is not news.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm all about that new Chelsea shape. Let's pick a cool leather like kudu, bison or chamois and roll

Aviv

Reaction score
MTO doesn't mean free-for-all. Think of it as any other sort of MTO from any other brand - there are always a list of customization choices. The number of eyelets has always been 7 normal or 8 mini. This is not news.

Fair enough. It's just surprisingly rigid (though I know the whole story about setting machines a certain way and not wanting to have to change them, etc.). I also get that the SF MTO is "special" since it is the only one Viberg does now. Still, would be nice to have more options on such minor things like this.
I'm all about that new Chelsea shape. Let's pick a cool leather like kudu, bison or chamois and roll

I spoke to Viberg about this and I doubt they'll do it now. They won't be debuting them until trade shows this summer with projected release dates in the fall.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to receiving my belated Xmas present to myself, from the RMDH auction --- pit tanned bison Service Boots. And thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions as to what to select from Notre's stock.

slude

Reaction score
Brooklyn carries a lot of great Vibergs but when I walked in these jumped out at me. They have some texture on the sides that give them character. I have the bison and these are as interesting but in a different way. The owner and staff were helpful and easy to talk to. If you are ever in Calgary you need to stop in. A great selection of jeans and jackets also.

I just ordered that same model on Sunday! Those pics are making me more excited.

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
Feels like Viberg has more restrictions than most other brands lately for their MTOs. I'm not complaining at all as the option is still greatly appreciated and Brett obviously has the right to maintain his brand image.

nemononame

Reaction score
Did somebody say MTO? Oil-tanned brown leather and Bologna rubber soles would have been perfect for today's drizzly cold weather.

900x900px-LL-76a3e7bc_VB.jpeg

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You may be able to convince Brett to do a 5 eyelet chukka or similar, no?
That boot the OP showed didn't loo like a 6" boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads