• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wms68

Reaction score

I hope the VSC darkened them as I have no interest in mine turning that dark naturally... not that I dont love the look of yours but I have several boots in that color already.

It did not really darken much at all, i just used it after a light brush to clear off some scuffs. They been out in the rain and soaked quite a bit which seems to have made the leather more porous and darker.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all.....Here are my fat waxed after a Friday-Sunday wearathon.

On Saturday I wore these during a 3+ hour walk-around at a flea market. Then some horseshoes. I actually bumped into someone walking at the flea market because I kept gazing down at the boots!

At first I thought the commando sole was a bit clunky but I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the soles/boots were. My feet were not even minimally sore after all the wearing.

And like Bootspell, I'm "trashing" these boots with no worry or upkeep. My stairs are carpeted so I'll abuse my boots, or the carpet actually, as I walk up and down them for a little scuff work. The garage boots I will be more careful with.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have further details on the mrporter derbys?

Last edited:

CMT1

Reaction score
Leffot brown cxl service boots today. These are my first and only cxl boots, and they have become so very comfortable that I cannot fathom why I do not own more footwear options in this leather. I have an admission - Sometimes I stretch out and wiggle my toes against the leather to feel how supple it is, enough so that sometimes I catch myself and laugh.

I love these boots. :D

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all.....Here are my fat waxed after a Friday-Sunday wearathon.

On Saturday I wore these during a 3+ hour walk-around at a flea market. Then some horseshoes. I actually bumped into someone walking at the flea market because I kept gazing down at the boots!

At first I thought the commando sole was a bit clunky but I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the soles/boots were. My feet were not even minimally sore after all the wearing.

And like Bootspell, I'm "trashing" these boots with no worry or upkeep. My stairs are carpeted so I'll abuse my boots, or the carpet actually, as I walk up and down them for a little scuff work. The garage boots I will be more careful with.

Ha, you've inspired me. I don't do horseshoes, but I will wear mine tomorrow! Yours are starting to wear really nicely.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leffot brown cxl service boots today. These are my first and only cxl boots, and they have become so very comfortable that I cannot fathom why I do not own more footwear options in this leather. I have an admission - Sometimes I stretch out and wiggle my toes against the leather to feel how supple it is, enough so that sometimes I catch myself and laugh.

I love these boots.
biggrin.gif

Those have developed with a really nice rich color.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha, you've inspired me.  I don't do horseshoes, but I will wear mine tomorrow!  Yours are starting to wear really nicely.

Thanks Bootspell.

I'm on a journey to get my boots to look like that beautifully worn pair of waxed boots someone posted a pic of. A photographer owned them I believe.

Your pair is looking good too. I guess you could selectively wax any areas that get too much wear.

What product are you supposed to use to re-wax areas of these boots if one wanted to?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the VSC darkened them as I have no interest in mine turning that dark naturally... not that I dont love the look of yours but I have several boots in that color already.

It did not really darken much at all, i just used it after a light brush to clear off some scuffs. They been out in the rain and soaked quite a bit which seems to have made the leather more porous and darker.

Thanks...at the moment I don't have any plans to treat mine with anything...the second they come off my feet shoe trees go in then back to the box after a brushing....lol...I like to think keeping them away from all light sources will help preserve their original tone....

joxr

Reaction score
When sizing with the 2030 last do you go a .5 size down from your brannock or a full size? Viberg told me a full size but on some stores it says size the same as a barrie which is .5 down ?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When sizing with the 2030 last do you go a .5 size down from your brannock or a full size? Viberg told me a full size but on some stores it says size the same as a barrie which is .5 down ?

Tough to say as I go down a full size for barrie and the 2030.. to me they fit similar enough barrie and 2030...I can see someone with long toes perhaps needing a half size larger with 2030

Last edited:

ShootThePier

Reaction score

I have wide feet. Because of that I am more comfortable sizing down 1/2 size on the 2030, but a full size on the 1035 and 2045.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Bootspell.

I'm on a journey to get my boots to look like that beautifully worn pair of waxed boots someone
posted a pic of. A photographer owned them I believe.

Your pair is looking good too. I guess you could selectively wax any areas that get too much wear.

What product are you supposed to use to re-wax areas of these boots if one wanted to?

I've tried Obenauf's HDLP on some roughout boots to "wax" them, but they didn't me out looking or feeling like the finish on the waxed flesh Vibergs. I think someone said something about wheat paste, but I haven't researched that as I intend to not treat my WF boots at all.

rutabaga

Reaction score
Shoutout to all the people waxing their carpeted stairs in the name of "patina."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads