• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZRH1

Reaction score
Lanificio Rogna Review. I received samples of their 350g open weave fabric. Looks and handles great but wrinkles, which according to my feel, much more than other high twists. They have a heavier around of 450g but it has a significant twill pattern I don't like. Hence, I prefer Dugdale Tropicalair, alas UK fabrics are significantly more expensive than Rogna, hence on this they are great.

CLH03

Reaction score
Couple of recent pickups to be made up for Fall. 2080 flannel and some random Ariston Shetland. Really interesting colors and quite soft. 780CF05B-0D43-4941-8DFF-E156B970A8EA.jpeg

camez_

Reaction score
Lanificio Rogna Review. I received samples of their 350g open weave fabric. Looks and handles great but wrinkles, which according to my feel, much more than other high twists. They have a heavier around of 450g but it has a significant twill pattern I don't like. Hence, I prefer Dugdale Tropicalair, alas UK fabrics are significantly more expensive than Rogna, hence on this they are great.

it's not 350g iirc, should be around 400g. it's definitely heavier than the 4ply ascot

I was suspecting something similar but will test it out in the near future with 1-2 commissions for trousers.

NorwRichard

Reaction score
Double post-ish from The State of black tie.
Advise needed, going to get a dinner suit made. Trying to decide on the fabric. Standing between the Despos recommended Schofield and Smith T-16621/BLACK: G&L 2749 & 4501 (though based on the weight, which seems lighter, I don't think it is exact the same cloth anymore as of 12 years ago when recommendation came) or the more heavier Dugdale 8731.

Any opinions or recommendations?

sake99

Reaction score

Drapers 4ply (brown) vs Rogna 4ply (pearl). Definitely wrinkles more than the 4ply but nothing too unslightly

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there are still any decent shops in London selling vintage cut lengths? I know the warehouse run by the two older gentlemen in the East End closed down some time around covid.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone had reason to try Harrison’s Mystique recently and compare with the other usual tropical suspects?

ZRH1

Reaction score
it's not 350g iirc, should be around 400g. it's definitely heavier than the 4ply ascot

I was suspecting something similar but will test it out in the near future with 1-2 commissions for trousers.

I confirm it was 350 for the lighter of the two, with the twill being 450. This was what the sticker on the back of the sample said.

paborden

Reaction score
Does anyone know the reference number for the loro piana wool silk seersucker in the traditional blue white colorway?

ZRH1

Reaction score
I have a query about 2 vintage fabrics.

The first is Airway by Dormeuil, which is an open weave. It feels around 350/400.

The second is a Hardy Minnis Fresco 3-ply, however it is quite old and heavy, I think well into the territory above 500.

Do you have any information on these?

Thank you,

CLH03

Reaction score
I have a query about 2 vintage fabrics.

The first is Airway by Dormeuil, which is an open weave. It feels around 350/400.

The second is a Hardy Minnis Fresco 3-ply, however it is quite old and heavy, I think well into the territory above 500.

Do you have any information on these?

Thank you,
The 3 ply fresco is still very much in production, and is around that weight. What color is this run that you’re looking at?

HongKongGent

Reaction score
I have bought a few jackets/blazers recently made with a Zegna fabric that has been great for hot / tropical climates and is working really well for me as day to day smart casual jackets. An example of the fabric I have used is below.

Fabric example of what I have used for recent jackets:

fabric.jpg

I am now trying to find something similarly breathable and lightweight in a pastel pink and pastel green. Examples (of the colour only, ignore the actual blazer) of the colour I am seeking are below. I am told that Zegna doesn't have any fabric as breathable or lightweight as what I am used to for my more conservative jackets in these colours. Does anyone have any suggestions of a fabric I could source that would be breathable and lightweight for hot climates - not too thick/heavy? If anywhere was able to help I thought it may be here. I'm not looking to be walking around outside regularly but it's still very hot where I am so it's useful to have something as light and breathable as possible whilst looking smart.

Pink (I'm looking for something similar or slightly paler):

pink.jpg

Green: Something exactly like this colour or lighter, definitely not darker.

green-past.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the London Lounge has some competition from fox flannel......

TheTuscanCheck_002_4afc1b99-fac8-400c-bdf2-8adfa2c71f19_1200x1200.jpg

LL

image11.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolev