• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a bunch of shirts made from the philips-boyne (not philips & boyne...) oxfords.

The fabric is fairly heavy, stiff, and a bit scratchy. It takes forever to break in, and I imagine lasts a very long time; but the oldest shirts I have are only about 2-3 years old.

Last edited:

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a picture of the chambray on P&B's website. Is it really that dark?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thoughts on getting the P&B chambray as a casual weekend shirt? Or is the fabric itself also not to your liking?

Thanks - ET

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you guys looking for casual fabric ever considered just hitting your local fabric store and seeing what they have?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts on getting the P&B chambray as a casual weekend shirt? Or is the fabric itself also not to your liking?

Thanks - ET

Sounds like the sort of thing that really calls for single link cuffs.

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I saw that last pic I thought "Hey, he has the same fabrics as I do!", then I realized it is my pic. :lol:

I was too lazy to take a picture, sorry about that:)

Some great stuff there.

I'm sorely tempted by that sharkskin...

There is more stuff, I just need to get around to taking pictures. Probably 5 more pieces. Some moonbeam, breanish and cheviot tweed from Lovat.

carlos20co

Reaction score
I thought I'll this here since we have been discussing the Piuma.

LL Brisa in POW bespoke, Ascot chang, Vanda tie, Drakes PS, Saint Crispins

I had some trousers made of this same pattern. I liked the fabric a lot and was actually wonder how a suit would look, now I know

velomane

Reaction score

I was too lazy to take a picture, sorry about that:)
There is more stuff, I just need to get around to taking pictures. Probably 5 more pieces. Some moonbeam, breanish and cheviot tweed from Lovat.

Any chance you'll be parting with some gun club check?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads