• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup! Mine come Tuesday. Super excited, I worked with Vince for a while trying to figure out which Bison we could get for the GMTO. Really excited about the color

You did a damn good job. Can't wait to see these in person.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Darn you guys are in luck. Where did you end up being able to source the bison from @sklark23? Looks like it has a pretty fine grain. Please post some photos both of you when you get the chance.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in here and read the whole thread... Looks like these will fit me well with the lower vamp and standard width. I'm digging it!

Love the customization available, might have to give them a shot. Looking forward to the new leathers!

And those rippled soled Coyote Roughouts... Damn! Dainite logger looks like a great sole, have never seen it before this thread.

Last edited:

sklark23

Reaction score
You did a damn good job. Can't wait to see these in person.

thanks man.
Darn you guys are in luck. Where did you end up being able to source the bison from @sklark23 ? Looks like it has a pretty fine grain. Please post some photos both of you when you get the chance.
This ended up being from Horween. We looked at some natural tanned and some copper tanned colors but none were in stock so Vince found out what they did have. They did say they had some whiskey cavalier bison in stock in a weight that vince could use. One of the users on gyw did a mock up with some of the steerhide whiskey cavalier with the bison grain and it came out looking amazing so we went for it. We ended up finding out it was a bit lighter in weight ~5/5.5 oz down from the 6 they thought so we ended up getting it lined but we knew ahead of time that the grain would be tighter since we got a sample pic so that definitely helped in going for this color. A semi-pullup bison was just too good to pass. The color also allows for some red undertones in the right light but a nice crisp tan color in direct sunlight so it really ended up being the best of both worlds for the colors we had planned for.

the actual hides we got are below in direct and indirect lighting.

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, just curious, does anyone have pics of Truman boots next to White's? I'd be interested to see the differences in shape, etc. Thanks.

gsmith

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I received a pair of the madone boots. Everything is flawless except I noticed something with the heel counter inside the boot.

Instead of being smooth, there are 2 bumps from the hard plastic material in the heel. Will these bumps ever wear down?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I received a pair of the madone boots. Everything is flawless except I noticed something with the heel counter inside the boot.

Instead of being smooth, there are 2 bumps from the hard plastic material in the heel. Will these bumps ever wear down?
That doan look rite

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't quite figure out what that is, but if it's hard plastic material it seems unlikely that it will wear down. The question is whether it rubs your heel and bothers you. If so, then I'd say it's a problem. If not, then no big deal since it's not otherwise visible.

gsmith

Reaction score

I can't quite figure out what that is, but if it's hard plastic material it seems unlikely that it will wear down.  The question is whether it rubs your heel and bothers you.  If so, then I'd say it's a problem.  If not, then no big deal since it's not otherwise visible.

I'm not really sure what it is either. My guess is its just that the heel counter material is bent or something? I don't know I was just curious.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

how long have u had them?

the color looks a lot lighter or is it the sun's rays?

Had them about 6 months. The lighting/filters are definitely affecting the color here. The boots are also dusty.

SurakiCrim

Reaction score
What size should I get if I wear 8 in Converse Classic Hi tops?

CityofChamps

Reaction score
@gfloridafan93 Thanks!

@FrankCowperwood That's right, all natural roughout to start. Vince told me that he got his lasts from a company going out of business. (Hence the reason he only has one width.)

@Shalomp This is the only other shot I have right now. I will get more.

Anyone know why (my) the pics are blurry in the post unless you enlarge them?

I'm not sure that there is any plastic in the boots. Mine is just leather on leather for the heel pocket and it looks like a wrinkle in the inside leather.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@gfloridafan93 Thanks!

@FrankCowperwood That's right, all natural roughout to start. Vince told me that he got his lasts from a company going out of business. (Hence the reason he only has one width.)

@Shalomp This is the only other shot I have right now. I will get more.

Anyone know why (my) the pics are blurry in the post unless you enlarge them?

I'm not sure that there is any plastic in the boots. Mine is just leather on leather for the heel pocket and it looks like a wrinkle in the inside leather.

They don't look blurry to me. You can resize them so the appear larger in the thread even before clicking to enlarge. It's easy to do posting from the desktop UI since you get an option of three sizes to post. But from mobile you have to edit the code you see before you post.

There's an image line in there that looks like this (for your very photo above):
Code:
[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1926207/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

To make it bigger change the "/width/200/height/400" at the end to bigger numbers. Something like 500 and 1000. So then it ends up like this:

(sorry if this is over-explaining something you already know!)

And that two-tone is full on awesome. I have to give that a try for sure.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads