• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Good point. If one can have "ironic facial hair", I see no reason one can't have (or be) an "ironic member".
I'd rather have a ferric member, but that's just me.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Good point. If one can have "ironic facial hair", I see no reason one can't have (or be) an "ironic member".

Worse would be ironic pubic hair...

I know a disturbing number of people who have inflicted satirical gardening on their unmentionables.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
I'd rather have a ferric member, but that's just me.

Meh, a plutonic, uranic, or neptunic member would be hot by definition. Neptunic members have the drawback of decaying quickly unfortunately.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Meh, a plutonic, uranic, or neptunic member would be hot by definition.
I hear ed has a uranic member.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why can't I search for any of my posts prior to March 31,2007? I joined September 2006.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed today that when I've clicked on a link to a post in C&E, it's forgetting my login and denying access. Usually it looks to be a good post, too. Could it be a cookie issue?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nm

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like to voice my displeasure with some of the whining here.

The idea of asking for a thread to be locked because you don't want to be made fun of strikes me as a really bad precedent. We all have ot own up to what we say and if some of us are going to use SF as our own private Dear Abby, then they should be ready for the comments they get. The same goes for people who report posts because their feelings get hurt. Reporting posts seems best used for issues like Miguel Antonio's stupid Italian name comments about Gaziano.

OK, that is all.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
OK, that is all.
Are you done whining now?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Matt,
Were you referring to my thread?

JB

Yes, that and the fact that I imagine that people don't take as good as they like to give. Being able to take a bit of ribbing, or even a bit of ridicule when you say something stupid is part of life.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with Matt on this one. Unless something is particularly offensive or compromising, requests to lock threads are always out of order AFAIAC and there was no good reason why JB's thread needed to be closed. If you can't stand the heat...

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cosign what Matt's on about. Everytime a member requests a thead be locked because he's getting his balls busted or feelings hurt, we all get a little wussier, and the first amendment cries a tear. Keep it real y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads