• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef Masters -- Season 3

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Top Chef Masters -- Season Three begins to air April 6th. Lineup is not exactly made up of household (or at least foodie household), which doesn't mean they aren't fine chefs. Format will more closely resemble Top Chef's ongoing approach rather than that of the past two Masters series.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Perhaps season four will be Top Chef Masters v Top Chef's 8 seasons' winners. Just sayin'....

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad they changed the format. Interested in seeing how Naomi Pomeroy does, was very impressed with Beast when I visited last summer. George Mendes will also be a good one to watch for the NYC crowd. Not sure why they took both Floyd Cardoz and Suvir Saran, a lot of overlap there.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be pretty shocked if Alex Stratta doesn't win. Maybe that's why he had to leave the Wynn... Steve did not want a 2nd place chef on his roster.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
So here are the details. Show debuts tomorrow night. The format will be akin to that of the original "Top Chef." (In TCM Seasons #1 and #2, contestants were graded on a scale; this season they will take part in quiockfire and elimination challenges). However, they will also be competing for cash for their favorite charities: winners of each quickfire challenge get $5,000 and the elimination challenge winners get $10,000 to donate. Curtis Stone will be this season's host rather than Kelly Choi. The 12 competitors are:

"¢Hugh Acheson - Five & Ten, The National, and Gosford Wine in Georgia
"¢Floyd Cardoz - New Danny Meyer restaurant
"¢John Currence - City Grocery Restaurant Group in Oxford, MS
"¢Traci Des Jardins - Jardinière, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita in San Franciso, CA
"¢George Mendes - ALDEA in Manhattan, NY
"¢Mary Sue Milliken - Border Grill Restaurants and Truck in Los Angeles, CA
"¢Naomi Pomeroy - Beast in Portland, OR
"¢Suvir Saran - DÃ
00a9.png
vi in New York, NY
"¢John Rivera Sedlar - Playa in Los Angeles, CA
"¢Alex Stratta - Stratta in Las Vegas, NV
"¢Celina Tio - JULIAN Restaurant in Kansas City, MO
"¢Sue Zemanick - Gautreau's in New Orleans, LA

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't know why, but this show has never done much for me, and I love the regular version.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarquisMagic
Sue Zemanick - Gautreau's in New Orleans, LA

Great restaurant.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't know why, but this show has never done much for me, and I love the regular version.
I have to agree. Could have something to do with how little actual cooking most of these people do anymore, or that they're just not hungry enough. Really, though, as much as everyone wants to say Top Chef is more about the food than the personalities... I think the fact that it is a genuine reality show where you get to know people who are not already famous and see the way they interact is voyeuristic and exciting. They don't really do that to the famous chefs, plus it's not the same crew every week.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first episode okay. The fact that these contestants already have it made and don't appear to want to create drama makes it less compelling than the regular Top Chef. Highlight for me was Suvir blathering on and on about what it takes to be a "master."
laugh.gif

DC101

Reaction score
sorry but i wouldn't call them "masters" traci de jardin yes. the rest questionable at best. mary sue milliken? seriously?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads