• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

magicalporks

Reaction score
I have a moto, QDR and 2010DR. I guess I've been posting more lately
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys.

Oversized cuffs here. It really doesn't matter, and I'm pretty sure Drew/Charly mentioned at some point that they shouldn't even let people choose cuff size.

Does it really not matter? Cus it would look better if it was more proportional.

Last edited:

rbnman

Reaction score
Does it really not matter? Cus it would look better if it was more proportional.
IMO, I find TOJ stock sizing for cuffs to be quite large (using a DR as an example). With pit and elbow measurements being quite slim, I prefer that slim profile to follow through. Charly has recommended to me 5" and nothing less, so i stick with 5, rather than the 5.6 as per stock sz 48. Thats 5" across while sleeve is zipped up (not unzipped).

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, I find TOJ stock sizing for cuffs to be quite large (using a DR as an example). With pit and elbow measurements being quite slim, I prefer that slim profile to follow through. Charly has recommended to me 5" and nothing less, so i stick with 5, rather than the 5.6 as per stock sz 48. Thats 5" across while sleeve is zipped up (not unzipped).
5 inches across just seems huge still. I've got jeans with a 5 inch hem. I submitted 4.75 inches for my cuffs. I know it's only a half inch difference in circumference, but I do not want the flaring, oversized cuff look that magicalporks has in that fit, so hopefully that takes care of it. Also, I have tiny girl's wrists.

rbnman

Reaction score
4.75 should be fine. If its a DR and you plan on wearing cuff zipped most of the time, just be wary that there is a leather fold that protrudes inwards and cuts into your 'free space' between your wrist the fabric. That's probably why Charly recommended no less than 5", to cater for that fold and this was based on a sz 48. I probably could do with a 4.75, but at the expense of comfort.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have jeans with 5 inch hem, how skinny are your legs?
My ankles measure 8 inches around. Wrists measure 6.5.

I'm now playing around with a tape measure though, and 5 inches across is actually perfect if you have normal size wrists.

I think 4.75 is going to be great for me though.

Maybe I should go up to 4.77 though? I think I need to get a second opinion from Distorb?
(kidding)

*to be clear, my pair of jeans with a 5 inch hem fit skin tight, that is not what I typically wear*

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it isn't. Nothing about the past 10 posts has been useful. The most useful thing you've posted here was your messed up first jacket, and that was only useful for the lolz.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/361959/narragansett-leathers-belt-28-30

LMAO this coming from a guy who fucked up the measurements on something as simple as a belt. Nice one buddy.

If you don't find the discussion useful, no one is forcing you to participate in it. This is styleforum, not Spaghettimattforum.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've got lamb and calf DR's that have the same cuff measurement, the calf fits tighter than the lamb.

DividedWay

Reaction score
Guys. Guys. More people have messed up the fit on their ToJ by worrying about a couple half-inches here or there than have gotten a better fit out of it. Distorb should know this best of all. Give Charly guidance, but let him size you- he will help you get the right fit, you're more likely to ******* up and leave yourself with $800 of regret.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have become the ultimate in horrible TOJ customer behavior.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics