• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Thread Fit Contest #1 - VOTE

Vote for your favorite!

• Koala-T

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • dukedishin

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • txwoodworker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • capnwes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Ds13

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • green_machine

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay in getting the poll up, I got behind at work and forgot to do it on time. The entrants...
My Entry: Jacket: BB E-Thrift, [/URL]
My entry (for now, may change it later but w/e). At the end of the day so pardon the wrinkles and general rumples: Jacket - Banana Republic (!!) linen/cotton blend, thrift $8 Shirt - Tom James Sartoria (don't sleep on this line of TJ, these shirts are amazing), thrift $2.50 Tie - Vintage Brooks Brothers Makers grenadine garza grossa, thrift $2 PS - Hand-rolled cotton, made by my wife Trous - PRL by Corneliani linen, NWT, thrift $6 Belt - Allen Edmonds NWOT, thrift $2 Shoes - Alden with just a handful of wears before they got to me, thrift $20 Total cost - around $45 So you can see the pattern on the jacket better (bad tie knot, that's a DFOH but it doesn't look it)
Jacket Isaia, Thrift Shirt BB ocbd, Thrift Belt VV retail Pants, Dockers, retail Shoes AE Harris Tweed, ebay vest, J. Crew, thrift Square, silk, thrift Told my wife it was only going to get into the low 90s today so I could layer up. Autumn Textures: [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
My sister is getting married next week, and the entire event is black tie formal. ENTIRELY THRIFTED (except my drawers, ew) Tux, Capezio by Henry Mignini Jr Bespoke Peak Lapel ($9.99) (Mignini worked as a cutter for Dominic Capezio and also later owned Capezio Custom Tailors of Baltimore. C.C.T. was the tailor for Jackie Kennedy, Franklin D Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, as well as several of the Baltimore Colts and the Archbishop of Baltimore ) Shirt - Savile Row Shirt Co - Hidden Placket Wing Collar ($3.50) Shoes - No Name Patent Oxford ($4.99) Braces - Trafalgar ($1.99) Bow - for the pic is just a pre-tied bow, my sister is giving me an actual bow before the event. ($.50) Cufflinks, VTG Smoked Mother of Pearl snaplinks ($2) Cummerbund - VTG Serrano ($2) Socks, Just Plain Black ($3 for 3 pack, so $1) About $26 total.
Epic Lining Just need to thrift a haircut and a shave before the trip.
Not sure if this it too late, but I wanted to toss this in the running just incase. In a rush and couldn't get a full shot. Sorry!
Isaia cashmere blazer - e-thrift (probably around 7% or retail?) Eton dress shirt - thrift Jpress tie - thrift Drakes PS - trade from spoo Robert Talbott sterling silver cuff links - thrift Bulova watch - Christmas gift 2 or 3 years ago BB 1818 pants - 6% of retail Bally chocolate suede loafers - e-thrift
All true thrifts. Some of the prices i'm not 100% sure of. Cantarelli Suit -less than $15 Piatelli Shirt -? Borrelli 7 fold tie -$3 Unknown PS -$1 - $2 Sterling cufflinks -$5 - $7 Nieman Marcus Aligator Belt -$1.99 Unknown Shell Cordovan Long Wings -$4.99 (I would have chosen more formal shoes but I wanted all thrifted items)

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
walk off?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I went out of town and haven't had a chance to update this! We could have a tie-breaking vote, but I'd say that we have two winners, so congratulations @Ds13 and @dukedishin!

Shoot me a PM with your addresses and I'll get another square made as soon as I can get the time!

Thanks to everyone for the participation!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walk Off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads