1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on my $100 suit? (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nguyenning, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Nguyenning

Nguyenning Active Member

$100 suit, spent $50 on slimming and hemming the pants and tapering the jacket. Ignore the short tie and wrinkled shirt, I was in a rush :)
    My pants also got caught on my socks, hence the crunching near my ankles... and should've pulled the sleeves out a little on first pic, so it didn't make the jacket sleeves look so long. Oh well, pics attached anyway.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied. Obviously, the shoulders could use some work IMO but for a $100 suit, not bad. Should've seen the thing before the tailoring... it was a "Slim Suit" , yet everything was baggy as hell.

5'10, 170lbs and got a 38R jacket. Almost got 38S but that would've been waay too short...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jshastings

jshastings Well-Known Member

Where did you get the suit?

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

Not too bad, but I think you made a mistake by slimming the trousers by that much.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

jacket is far too tight.

Lapels are bowing, button is pulling.

need a side shot to see how bad the shoulders are, but they are definitely dimpling.

sleeves could be about 1/4" shorter.

pants are too long.

I won't address the shoes.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

That's one of the more interesting fit poses I've seen in a while.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

It looks like $100 suit. I don't see a point in cheap suit. Suit is one of the most elegant piece of clothing - better to spend more on a quality suit.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

I have seen similar stuff selling for a lot more, that skinny, undersized look being "in." Nothing I would aspire to, but at least I think you certainly got your money's worth and then some.

8. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

Jacket is beyond belief too tight, I hope you can still return that. Better fits can be found at your local thrift stores.

9. Nguyenning

Nguyenning Active Member

meh i don't plan on ever buttoning it. this $100 suit is for nights like tonight where you're just in it to get shi* faced

1 person likes this.
  10. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Well-Known Member

So by "thoughts on my 100 suit" you meant "I don't care what anyone says, to the point I don't even know that suit jackets should always be buttoned when standing, I am going to wear it even though it looks terrible anyways"? May I suggest: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/ehrtv/shujins_comprehensive_fit_guide/

11. EriQ009

EriQ009 Well-Known Member

If I'm being honest, it's not a very good suit. I understand that you purchased it inexpensively, but I fail to see the benefit of wearing something that makes one look bad. On the bright side, you're only out $100.

2 people like this.
  12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have taken that suit for free. The biggest problems that I see are that the jacket is super short, too tight, and the shoulder divots are distracting. Divots have always been a major peeve of mine.