• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm on the train with the ******* breakfast club again. **** all of them so much.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

Ex called me last night complaining about her life and how she is forced by daddy to **** his friends. High-end white trash.

Uh, what would you consider Low-end white trash?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Sopranos has a slow start and definitely drags on in some episodes and seasons. It's not the first TV series I recommend when people ask for suggestions.

I'd give it a 6.5 - 7 / 10.

The Wire gets 9.5 / 10.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of shows everyone likes, we're watching Breaking Bad right now. We're on the back side of season three. It's a solid, enjoyable show, but I don't get the "best-ever" hype.

Yup, overall brilliant, but when it sucked it was really sucky in a pretentious and overdone way.

Absolutely agree.

The Sopranos has a slow start and definitely drags on in some episodes and seasons. It's not the first TV series I recommend when people ask for suggestions.

I'd give it a 6.5 - 7 / 10.

The Wire gets 9.5 / 10.

No way The Sopranos is lower than a 9.5. It's a top contender for GOAT.

I hated The Wire so much.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bar soap is for rubes. Dr. Bronner's is where it's at.

I am prohibited by my religion (Dutch Calvanous) from using liquid soap on account of contributes to softness of moral character.

I use Tom Ford Oud Wood bar soap just puts me into a state of cleanse nonpareil.

Also, I don't watch any tv shows except for St. Louis Rams games and CFL games.

Last edited:

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Rome" was pretty good. "Band of Brothers" was excellent. I've heard "Homeland" is good.

"24" is the biggest steaming pile of **** I've ever seen. Watched (the original season) a month ago, not when it came out in 2004 or whatever. I have no ******* idea what everyone was raving about. It is just so unbelievably ridiculously stupid.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Speaking of shows everyone likes, we're watching Breaking Bad right now. We're on the back side of season three. It's a solid, enjoyable show, but I don't get the "best-ever" hype.
Absolutely agree.
No way The Sopranos is lower than a 9.5. It's a top contender for GOAT.

I hated The Wire so much.

Agree to disagree.

Also, I didn't (and still don't) know what GOAT stands for, so I google'd "goat show" and quickly realized the futility of that exercise.

I am prohibited by my religion (Dutch Calvanous) from using liquid soap on account of contributes to softness of moral character.

I use Tom Ford Oud Wood bar soap just puts me into a state of cleanse nonpareil.

Also, I don't watch any tv shows except for St. Louis Rams games and CFL games.

You fancy huh?!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Borgias as well. The first season was good.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good example, the first few of True Detective sucked, but season was worth watching overall.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like I've been discriminated haven't been allowed to participate in Styleforum for a couple of hours.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I need a new series to watch. I started watching House after all of the hype and I don't get it. I mean every episode is the same thing. Some disease they can't identify and then at the end they identify it. Is there anything else that happens? :confused:

Never saw the Sopranos, is it worth it? Generally gangster flicks I find annoying, ignorant, and corny so I don't know.

Have you done True Detective? Not a lot to watch (only 8 episodes thus far) but it was pretty great, had excellent acting, and I think would be a good fit.

Six Feet Under. It is awesome.

I really need to watch Six Feet Under. My cousin was in it and I feel like a bad relative having never seen it (although, when it was actually on TV, I was a bit young)

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree to disagree.

Also, I didn't (and still don't) know what GOAT stands for, so I google'd "goat show" and quickly realized the futility of that exercise.

That's fair.

Also, greatest of all time.

that's what i thought about the wire and true detective

Funny, it's how I felt about The Wire, but I loved True Detective. I never would have connected them in that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads