1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

eBay. For some reason, the drop-down bars on the left where you select sizes and whatnot in the clothing section are not working. The eBay pages never fully load.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

Fucking Northern Virginia traffic. I was driving back to Annapolis from Reston, and apparently, all of 495 decides they are going to just stop because it's raining. Just spent about 2 hours waiting to cross Wilson Bridge. Idiots.

JB

Ah, thanks for quoting me in your .sig JetBlast. That's sweet. [​IMG]

You should have taken the other way around if you were coming from Dulles. Do you live in Annapolis? My wife and I just moved from the historic district there into DC.

b

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Fucking Northern Virginia traffic. I was driving back to Annapolis from Reston, and apparently, all of 495 decides they are going to just stop because it's raining. Just spent about 2 hours waiting to cross Wilson Bridge. Idiots.

JB

There is a little bit of distrust of bridges this week. Just a little.

4. calvin1663

calvin1663 Well-Known Member

I'm about to go spend three weeks in nova scotia with a family (my stepfather's kids) that I really really really don't like. there's nothing to do (sit on a beach and read/do application essays/summer reading which includes the bible) and worst of all, they love it.

packing for said vacation

the DMV

an incredibly hot girl who I really like and see once a year for about 3 days (at most) essentially told me she really didn't want to see me

my mother

I haven't seen the simpsons movie or bourne ultimatum

5. bkrstic

bkrstic Well-Known Member

the shittiness of UCAS if you're non-UK/EU

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Women. But, women piss me off in general, so maybe not a rant as a lifelong problem… [​IMG]

Jon.

7. avec_moi

avec_moi Member

I got laid off not long ago, and I'm still pissed about that.

Who the fuck lays off a 16 year old?

8. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I am conflicted by my impending college attendance, which I still thoroughly regard as a swindle on the aspirational middle-class.

As swindles go, college isn't half bad. At least you have something when you're done.

9. StolenCar

StolenCar Well-Known Member

As swindles go, college isn't half bad. At least you have something when you're done.

Debt?

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Debt?

I said something...not something good.

But yeah, this student debt things is out of control.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Traffic Cops who don't understand that by going around the guy I was avoiding hitting the other car that was coming behind him. Guess it's up to my lawyer now.

Jon.

12. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

I had some white shirts (Brioni, Sulka, Lorenzini, Fred Perry, Armani, Loro Piana linen shirt that was brand new - just had a little shop dirt on it) soaking overnight in an Oxy-Clean solution to remove minor collar dirt. I wasn't thinking and put the sleeve cuff of a darker Banana Republic sweater on top to try and remove a small stain.

When I checked the shirts just now, the BR sweater had shed lots of dye, and permanently stained all the light-colored shirts I had soaking.

The BR sweater got what it deserved - the sleeves were ripped off and it was thrown out the window.

13. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

My brand-new made-to-measure suit that is too big for me in the waist. I will have to pay for alterations, which is the last thing you expect with MTM. (It happened because they only delivered 1/2 an hour before I had to get on a plane - no time to fix).

On top of that, there appear to be little bubbles in the jacket, after a single dry clean. This before I've even worn it once. I am ropable.

14. JetBlast

JetBlast Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking for some reason and decided to take the southbound way around. Stupid mistake [​IMG]

I just moved out of the historic district, I was on St Mary's St across from the yacht club. Now living in Severna Park.
    As for quoting your lines about the Metro, I read it at work and laughed really loud, so everyone else wanted to know what it was and they found it just as hilarious. Sums me up well when I have to get to the FAA building and have to deal with every tourist and their uncle leaving the Air and Space Museum.

JB

15. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

My brand-new made-to-measure suit that is too big for me in the waist. I will have to pay for alterations, which is the last thing you expect with MTM. (It happened because they only delivered 1/2 an hour before I had to get on a plane - no time to fix).

On top of that, there appear to be little bubbles in the jacket, after a single dry clean. This before I've even worn it once. I am ropable.

There's no way you should have to pay to have the trousers taken in. Presumably you told them about your need to have the suit and they delivered a product not to your specification. The fact that you had to take it with you asap is not your fault--it's theirs. I would argue this one with the manager if I had to.

b

16. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Well-Known Member

I powered up my new D80 for the first time last night and started messing around with it, only to find that there is a dead pixel in the LCD screen. Lame.

17. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

The only store in south florida that claims to sell A.P.C. denim won't answer the phone or return my emails ... I guess I will have to go with Nudie or Acne. I must try denim on before I buy it. Guess i will have to wait until I make it up to NYC to try on APC.

18. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

The only store in south florida that claims to sell A.P.C. denim won't answer the phone or return my emails ... I guess I will have to go with Nudie or Acne. I must try denim on before I buy it. Guess i will have to wait until I make it up to NYC to try on APC.
    What store in South Florida sells Nudie, Acne, or APC?

19. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Kids on the metro. Running up and down the aisles.

20. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

What store in South Florida sells Nudie, Acne, or APC?

APC is supposedly sold by Toff (in South Beach) http://www.toffmiami.com but I have yet to verify they sell men's denim.

Nudie and APC are sold at Barney's Co-op in South Beach, which I am hitting up tomorrow. I hope I find something I like.