• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is the black watch winder box in this post? Brand and model? Or even a link to their page? .

Modalo, a German brand. Just search Modalo on Amazon.

Actually what are some good brands that make high quality watch winders and watch boxes? I mean high quality leathers. I looked into getting one custom by goyard but for a 8 watch watch box they want 4k. So forget that. Does anyone know of any brands that makes high quality leather watch boxes or winders? 

Orbita first comes to mind. Rapport London seems good too. For somewhat mid-tier or cheaper alternative to Orbita, Wolf Designs isn't that bad at all. Their module 2.7 is pretty good. Volta and Modalo is a notch below or on par with Wolf.

Buben & Zorweg are something to look at if you want to ball out.

If you are looking for a quad winder, just go with Wolf or Orbita, for around $1000-$1600 and you can get a good one that also accomodates batteries so you can store them in your safe or in the closet. Their construction is pretty good, Wolf uses faux leather though and I think Orbita uses good leather but I think it'll cost more.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For a bespoke box, I'd suggest April in Paris (based out of SF). She used to work at Hermes, making custom orders.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this one from Kogan, with a Mabuchi motor (not my photos):

It's whisper quiet, makes no noise at all. Impressed with it so far.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For a bespoke box, I'd suggest April in Paris (based out of SF). She used to work at Hermes, making custom orders.

Where do they get their motors for their winders?

I know with Orbita you can buy just the motor so if you want to build your own box you could, their $350 each last I checked though.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus opinion, if any, on the Rolex BLNR (black and blue GMTII)? I have heard a ton of hype about this watch and tried it on in person yesterday. My AD seemed really enamored with it, however, I found it somewhat blingy. In some lights, however, i couldn't resist the blue and black. It looks much juicier and interesting than I expected. Hmm....

I haven't seen it in the wild yet.

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some owners have had the links brushed; this one is on a Sub bracelet, not my pic.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hype is dying down but seems like some locations are still moving them quick enough that they are more resistant to giving discounts on them.

The ADs in my area aren't moving though.

It's beautiful watch and don't think it's too blingy, I can see where people might feel that way because of the polished center links but I guess I am used to it?

I'd take anything a sales associate says with a grain of salt though, they'd say anything to make a sale.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know with Orbita you can buy just the motor so if you want to build your own box you could, their $350 each last I checked though.

She makes bespoke leather goods. You could probably request a box with a motor?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Faulhaber.
http://www.micromo.com/products/dc-motors

See http://www.orbita.com/support/magnetism/

You should order up a gaussmeter and take some measurements of various items. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads