• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright, sorry if I aggravated some with the Montblanc discussion. :lol:

Let's get some wrist shots in here!
2gwro06.jpg

21o0ahd.jpg

28r2ogo.jpg

CMT1

Reaction score
Awesome watches as always, gentlemen. I have really started warming up to the black dial Daytona. For a very long time I could only appreciate the white dial, but now the black dial makes a more compelling argument. It's funny how one's tastes change over the years.

2gwro06.jpg

21o0ahd.jpg

28r2ogo.jpg

Can do, I just took a few DSLR Reverso pics but this cell phone wrist shot is my favorite of the day:

He is a rescue. He and his brother were found starving in a dumpster at this time last year, and we're doing our best to show him the other side of life.

Sun Moon tonight, have a great weekend guys!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rfx, king of baller leathers, baller sneakers and now Rolexes. Please don't buy that MontBlanc :embar:

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't considering the Montblanc. I just wanted to get a discussion going about it. It's practically an entry-level complication and even though they give a lot for the price and discount you can get for it later on, there are way more other watches ahead of it in my wish list.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFX - any reason you passed on the new Oyster during your recent acquisition spree? Seems like it's right up your alley.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, sorry if I aggravated some with the Montblanc discussion.
lol8[1].gif

2gwro06.jpg
inlove.gif
Great photo and great watch! I love my Daytonas. I don't think anyone was aggravated by your asking about Montblanc watches. I think possibly you are mistaking some very blunt, honest opinions for being aggravated. While a Montblanc isn't a watch I'd advise someone to spend their hard earned $$$ on, if someone really likes it and wants it, he should go for it. In the end its not my $$$ , so if after considering other options its still someone's dream watch, he should get it.

Since you mentioned wrist shots, here is a quick wrist shot of the lum on my Daytona. Sorry, not a great photo due to low light situation.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Daytona (particularly the gold variants), but never quite "got" it. Based on my limited experience/wrist time with the stainless models, I found it to be somewhat unsubstantial. And I'm a fan of smaller watches. I dunno.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Daytona (particularly the gold variants), but never quite "got" it. Based on my limited experience/wrist time with the stainless models, I found it to be somewhat unsubstantial. And I'm a fan of smaller watches. I dunno.
No watch can be everything to everyone. As for the SS versions being unsubstantial...I don't know what that is in reference to? Is that in reference to weight or feel of the bracelet? If so the bracelets on older steel models used hollow center links and a stamped steel clasp. The bracelets are vastly improved with solid links through out and a machined clasp. But again...hey if its not for you, no big deal. There are lots of other watches on the market.

Keller

Reaction score
I love the Daytona in white dial and steel, brown leather strap. I think this conbination works really well in the Daytona

suaviter

Reaction score
For the first time in a long time (since last December), I have an INCOMING!!

Very excited as I've waited patiently .... I'll show you guys as soon as she's on the wrist next week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics