• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I could see someone appreciating a Journe, reliable or not.

Definitely agree, on the less outlandish and complicated models. Dino speak truth. This one I drool over (I said I would find something uplifting for this page...):

And the obligatory rear shot of course:

This uplifts a certain part of me. It is just ... right.

My "just right" is probably a no date Oyster, with the non-fluted bezel, on an Oyster bracelet, maybe with the silver dial. And yeah, the stick markers. But I get yours too - very attractive. What draws me to Rolex is always the simplest things - the stainless steel Daytona, the plain black Submariner etc. Although some of the fancier models are appealing, I think their "standards" are so iconic, that sometimes less is more. One day I will have one.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice rolex up there, and the longines too.

i love journes designs.

also, we bought a rolex turnograph yesterday!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New guy here, thought I would post up a pic of my daytona.

Welcome. Very nice Daytona, there are a few Daytona owners here at the forum. Definitely an iconic watch.
Definitely agree, on the less outlandish and complicated models. Dino speak truth. This one I drool over (I said I would find something uplifting for this page...):

And the obligatory rear shot of course:

That's a piece I really like. I've also seen one other piece that I think had a moon phase or power reserve that was very handsome (its been a while and I don't follow there watches closely). I do think their simpler pieces are really good looking, now if only they could focus some effort on reliability.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My "just right" is probably a no date Oyster, with the non-fluted bezel, on an Oyster bracelet, maybe with the silver dial. And yeah, the stick markers. But I get yours too - very attractive. What draws me to Rolex is always the simplest things - the stainless steel Daytona, the plain black Submariner etc. Although some of the fancier models are appealing, I think their "standards" are so iconic, that sometimes less is more. One day I will have one.

No argument from me. I have a pretty strong black/silver fetish so am drawn to clean combinations of the two. And I like the white gold bezel on the 16014 for a touch of visual interest when you're keeping everything else deliberately understated. Often thought a blue stick dial DJ on a brown leather strap would make a great jeans watch.

(Wanders off to check Chrono24.)

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologise in advance if my watch collection is really Asian, but I am Asian.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Rolex Datejust 36mm in action
A classic. And hey, being Asian ain't anything to apologize for.
foo.gif
Cheers, DJ and SUB are my favorite watches, they take up around 70% of my wrist time. :satisfied:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
wurger, I like that off-white/cream looking dial on your Longines....amps up the overall vintage looks. Wondering if you've ever tried it on a lighter colored strap? I think that would be extra sweet on a honey croc.

mMontebello, nice Daytona. Great all-around watch.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like that color as well, but the date is a shame. Nonetheless, a very handsome watch!

Also, great DJ, I really like the black gator strap that you have on it!

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
This looked pr0n-worthy to me (from Hodinkee) the Piaget Only Watch for 2013 (showing the backside for mimo LOL):

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that truly is delectable.

DAT PLATINUM! :drool:

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, that is the only watch that would district me from Patek and AL&S in that price range, other than some indies.

In my opinion, one of the most gorgeous watches I have ever seen. It would be a completely emotional purchase, but damn, that watch is just gorgeous.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I love the sight of the balance wheel sneaking out from the back.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at other manufacturers for some time; AP has some classic pieces, and the 15202ST would really be a great companion piece to my PP 5711/1A. However, since I'm also a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the AP ROO T3 just really sings to me for a variety of reasons:

I mean, the case back is something of a robust variety that even a skeptic like mimo would appreciate. BOOM!

I am just kidding.

But I actually know a couple of people who own this piece, and they seem very happy with it. I don't know the gentleman below personally, but I believe he owns at least one AP ROO T3.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I see Ahnold is gettin' his floral on.

[insert topical movie quote here]

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the mm measurement on that AP ROO T3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads