• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and because this thread needs more cats

my humble contribution to this thread :) Bell and ross type professional. quartz and apparently used by the french bomb squad.
this has been my daily wear for over 3 years now and i find it to be wonderful. sits on my wrist perfectly and the bracelet is great.
aesthetically i love the 4 o'clock crown and the black and white dial.

i find it diverse enough to wear with the following:

sup stitchy! :slayer:

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't say I like the watch. However, I can say that looking it reminded me to look at your avatar again, which is F&ckin hot!

PS. I figure I should qualify the above statement regarding the avatar to state that on 7/1/13 Nuke's avatar is a great photo of Kate Upton, or as one would say in court, it is a fair and accurate representation of Kate Upton when she was a supermodel. I thought this is necessary in case you change your avatar to bearded lady or female orangutan ...plus its some Bar prep for evidence.

Hahahahah what an awesome comment (with attendant clarifications and disclaimers)! Boom!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the evidentiary reminder Dino. But more importantly, I love the 'general' lesson--never forget to save your ass! I guess there is no point in me changing my avatar over to me doing the Frills pose now.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the evidentiary reminder Dino. But more importantly, I love the 'general' lesson--never forget to save your ass! I guess there is no point in me changing my avatar over to me doing the Frills pose now.
Glad I could help. Yes, it was only after I posted that I realized, that my post could come back to haunt me if you changed your avatar to "Octomom" or yourself doing a classic Frills pose.
wink.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my humble contribution to this thread :) Bell and ross type professional. quartz and apparently used by the french bomb squad.
this has been my daily wear for over 3 years now and i find it to be wonderful. sits on my wrist perfectly and the bracelet is great.

i find it diverse enough to wear with the following:

sup stitchy! :slayer:

HOMBRE SNOW!!

Very slick looking watch. Fits your style perfectly. Bery nice to see you and your cat clan over here.

:slayer:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my humble contribution to this thread
smile.gif
Bell and ross type professional. quartz and apparently used by the french bomb squad.
Very interesting design. The crown placement at 4 reminds me of the old Ocean 2000 Porsche Design watches by IWC.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Uh oh.

The run on cat photos begins in 3....2....1....

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course these things tend to sting more when, as Nuke points out, there is a a basis of truth, and frankly I find Dubai to be the most repellent place, run for and by some of the most hideous people I've ever met (both local, and among the 85% of the population who are foreigners). But I also know a lot of good people from in and around this region, some of them even from the UAE. And just for the record, Dubai doesn't really have any oil, and I think the company in question is actually of Indian origin. More importantly, I think we all know there are good and bad folks everywhere, whatever their taste in watches (!), and I find stereotypes that might be seen as bigoted, to be below the intellectual level of this thread (more suited to Streetwear and Denim, maybe...).

interesting Mimo. I lived in Dubai for almost a year and would agree 100%. People are always fascinated that I have actually lived there, not just visited... but are confused when I tell them it's not what all the marketing would have one believe. Not to digress too much but yeah it's basically an open-air, 24/7 construction site populated with money hungry hypocrites ... and there are a lot of expensive watches over there.
In fact one of my friends who happens to be a sheik and the grandson of the sovereign ruler of Ras-al-Khaimah told me that one of the most common ways they smuggle money out of the UAE is by buying crazy expensive watches and then selling them in Europe, Asia or wherever they go to have extra spending cash. This is considering that the declaration free limit on cash import/export in the UAE is $60,000 USD (if you didn't know, in the US it's only $10K). wow... to be an oil-rich sheik!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
This page has too much joy to thumb! I find myself in Dino's camp again on the watches: the freaky designs are cool but there aren't many I would actually want to wear.

However, that floral smoking jacket is the bomb and I would totally wear it for some special social occasion. :)

(What's more, Nuke, I'm already sold on the 47mm Panny as being within the bounds of normality).

Edit: I meant the last page was full of joy. This one's pretty average, if I'm honest. I will try to thoink of something uplifting to post a bit later.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This uplifts a certain part of me. It is just ... right.

Duxnuts

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Titanium Skagen 585XLTMXB. Haven't really heard of the brand before and the price some fairly cheap, just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality of the brand overall. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads