• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tacky things, bought this in Vegas years ago on a lark. The Deco dial and biCompax subdials attracted me. I will have to say, the strap is exceptionally nice. Far nicer than this watch deserves, and nicer than many other oem straps from most higher end makes.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
There are worse things you can spend money on in Vegas, so I hear!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right you are Mimo. Built for speed, not comfort. While I would certainly not dream of kicking that young lady out of bed, I feel that I have been spoiled when it comes to women growing up adjacent to SEC schools. Most beautiful women in the world.

As always Frills, I love how you are bringing TWAT to its natural progression.

I do like her get up though. She looks kind of like Holly, Hef's old but young squeeze.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I wouldn't let her in my living room. Can we talk about watches again now? Frilly has become most frivolous since he took a break from rampant acquisition!

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally home from HK and reunited with my vintage Rolex and UN - pix as promised months ago.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great looking watches, ron.
--

i want to own this by the end of the day. anyone want to help me out?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Times are a little tight right now, but I'll give you fifty bucks. I'd like you to choose a different strap if possible. But it's not a condition.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Finally home from HK and reunited with my vintage Rolex and UN - pix as promised months ago.

I like both of these, Chicago Ron.

@ Newcomer: Lexington FTW

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron, the Rolex and UN are gorgeous.

As for the JLC, I was lusting after one of those myself until I found out the bezel doesn't turn. So now I lust after the Deep Sea Chrono instead. But then I get defeated by my usual stuffy rules, like why on earth would you want an elapsed time bezel on a chrono? What you want is a countdown bezel. I wonder if you could special order one. In any case these are far better looking than JLC's other sports models.

Now to the girl: If she regularly suns on the deck while wearing a five figure watch then it's highly likely that she's interesting to talk to.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nope, didnt get to see him.
i think that the name positioning is unique enough that if someone knew it i could google and find the model.

the watch would definitely be higher up on the scale so i hope thats a start. im going to do some research as well!!

Ok I found it. Its a patek. I should've known better as his son collects pateks. I didn't think Patek branded the dial with their name in an arch, that's why I was hesitant.
Says Patek Philippe geneve (not a third name as I originally though!)
Will post pics when I get to the computer. Maybe some aficionados can point out the ref number.

SPYphone pics :p

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Times are a little tight right now, but I'll give you fifty bucks.  I'd like you to choose a different strap if possible.  But it's not a condition.

thanks!!! :inlove:

Ok I found it. Its a patek. I should've known better as his son collects pateks. I didn't think Patek branded the dial with their name in an arch, that's why I was hesitant.
Says Patek Philippe geneve (not a third name as I originally though!)
Will post pics when I get to the computer. Maybe some aficionados can point out the ref number.

oh snap! GREART NEWS WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

--
hayward, bezel does not bother me. i will kill for that watch.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Now to the girl: If she regularly suns on the deck while wearing a five figure watch then it's highly likely that she's interesting to talk to.

Or she steals watches from watch/Moto GP buffs while they're swimming, and hopes her plastic **** will distract security personnel. But that's just me, I always assume the best of people. :)

Coldcava

Reaction score

Or she steals watches from watch/Moto GP buffs while they're swimming, and hopes her plastic **** will distract security personnel.  But that's just me, I always assume the best of people. :)

Or what if Rossi keeps several of of those in his trunk to leave on the pillow in the am.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@ Newcomer: Lexington FTW

Ahhh, Lexington. The great combination of southern attractiveness and northern morality. :nodding:

I have always been partial to Oxford.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ron, the Rolex and UN are gorgeous.

As for the JLC, I was lusting after one of those myself until I found out the bezel doesn't turn. So now I lust after the Deep Sea Chrono instead. But then I get defeated by my usual stuffy rules, like why on earth would you want an elapsed time bezel on a chrono? What you want is a countdown bezel. I wonder if you could special order one. In any case these are far better looking than JLC's other sports models.

Actually, it turns out that she ISN'T a model. That she deals in exotic cars for a living. And that she does own that watch. And many others.

Also, I will kop to having become a bit more frivolous lately. I can now be known as Frillyvolous Imeldific or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads