• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Gold and old sweats!

2-DSC_5156.jpg
That vintage gold Sub is HOT!!!
[/SPOILER]

First of all, nice cufflinks.

Secondly, I had no idea that Pasha chrono had such a sexy back / nice engine! That's a sharp movement.
Thanks Keith. The cufflinks are really versatile (they are rose, white, and yellow gold and the semi precious stone bars are interchangeable).

The early Pasha Chronos with quartz movements had solid backs, but the later models with the F.Piguet 1185 have the saphire crystal back to view the movement. Cartier did a pretty good job with the movement.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm kind of hoping the "new" white SS Daytona will come with full black subdials, ceramic bezel, and maybe upsize by a millimeter.

That, and brushed center links.
It will be interesting to see if they adopt a retro "manual wind Daytona look" when they revise the Daytona.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries...although maybe I'll tell the Mrs. I need a purple Caddy and a big hat!
wink.gif
This is my favorite version of the YG Daytonas. I like the dial and subdials of the old style 16528 more than the current yellow gold Daytonas. If I were buying an all gold Daytona these days, I'd probably look at it in rose gold...those are sweet!

Don't forget the blinged out cane! :D

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NonServiam - both of those pics of yours are top-freaking-notch. :slayer:
I have been consumed by this urge several times over the last few months...... I am hoping my current collection and much slimmer bank account quell the fire for a while.............
your hope is futile, dont even bother trying to fight it.
Hey Stitches, I know you have a 112 too so you might like these:
Here is the description: The MAT 49 Strap is made from Vintage French MAT 49 submachine gun magazine pouches. As far as I can determine, these pouches date from the mid 1950's to the early 1960's. (Greg Stevens)
great looking pics, and that you for sharing the details on that strap, its really nice. i snapped a few pics today as well.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this really isnt watch pr0n, but its watch related, and it made me happy, so i thought i would share.

preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso. she thinks its the coolest thing ever.

wednesday night i was doing some straightening up in her room, and found this old watch that my wife gave to her a while back, because my wife did not like it. as i picked it up i noticed that there was a space between the black plate and the case. so i gave it a push, and lo and behold, it flipped around.

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this really isnt watch pr0n, but its watch related, and it made me happy, so i thought i would share.

preface, my 9 year old daughter loves my reverso. she thinks its the coolest thing ever.

wednesday night i was doing some straightening up in her room, and found this old watch that my wife gave to her a while back, because my wife did not like it. as i picked it up i noticed that there was a space between the black plate and the case. so i gave it a push, and lo and behold, it flipped around.

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.

Moments like this are the absolute best. Thanks for sharing, Stitchy!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the blinged out cane! :D
Now I know what to ask my wife for, for my birthday!

i showed it to my daughter and the look on her face was just priceless. the sheer joy of having a watch just like daddys had overcome her. i honestly think she was just as, if not more excited about it, as when i got my reverso
. it was of course too big, so i took it to work to take out links for her. she called me at work to make sure i did not forget, and again when i was driving home. as soon as i walked in the door she asked to try it on. she wore it to sleep, and to school today.

what a great feeling.

Starting them out on the road to being a WIS so young could be dangerou$$$$. Just kidding, great story.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Moments like this are the absolute best. Thanks for sharing, Stitchy!

my pleasure, glad you enjoyed.

Starting them out on the road to being a WIS so young could be dangerou$$$$.  Just kidding, great story. 

lol, she has my genes for sure. she is already racking up the bills. very brand conscious. :fu:

thanks!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to battle the snow here in NYC!

No snazzy dress shoes for today - that's Alden's Indy 404 boot with vibram lug soles. Bring it on!

P.S. Today I stocked up on chips (Baked Doritos) - not instant ramen...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Well, the clothes might have gone downhill, but the Daytona's rocking...and you're working through all the major student food groups....
lol8[1].gif

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the clothes might have gone downhill, but the Daytona's rocking...and you're working through all the major student food groups....
lol8[1].gif

Oh, I also picked up a small bag of Hershey's Kisses. This is the real secret to six-pack abdominals! Heh heh.

Forgot to mention that the Daytona's 72 hour power reserve is holding true as far as I can tell. Quite convenient given my small rotation schedule with my other watches, but since it doesn't really have a date that needs to be set it's really not a big deal to have it stop.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to battle the snow here in NYC!

No snazzy dress shoes for today - that's Alden's Indy 404 boot with vibram lug soles. Bring it on!

P.S. Today I stocked up on chips (Baked Doritos) - not instant ramen...
The Daytona can more than handle the blizzard, and being paired with boots. For me, it was a Royal Oak and jeans with an old pair of Prada boots with a vibram lug sole. It was nice getting out of the office early for the storm. However, I'm dreading the clean up.
Oh, I also picked up a small bag of Hershey's Kisses. This is the real secret to six-pack abdominals! Heh heh.

Forgot to mention that the Daytona's 72 hour power reserve is holding true as far as I can tell.
Yes, the116520 Daytonas really do have a 72 hour power reserve, provided you are not using the chronograph function...in which case I think it drops off to about 64-66 which is still far better than the powe reserve of th previous El Primero based movement.

Hershey's kisses are great...although I'm hoping to get those six pack abs using my wife's homemade apple strudel or chocolate chip cookies. I'll let you know how that goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics