1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The View: Nothing predates Jesus in this flat world.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by whodini, Dec 4, 2007.

1. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Usually the pre-incarnate Christ is referred to as 'the Word' (as in John 1) as He didn't become identifiable as Jesus until He was born, ie, became incarnate.

You may now return to your previously scheduled 'The View' bashing.

2. Philosoph

Philosoph Well-Known Member

Yes, although if you go too far in distinguishing between "the Word" before the birth and "Jesus" after the birth, then you fall into the Nestorian heresy. I hear they burn people for that.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

If you hold to the belief in a triune God in which Jesus is one of the persons of the trinity, then Jesus predates the Old Testament and everything else in the world.

Except cavemen.

4. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Except cavemen.

Blasphemer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

That is theologically true,

The Verb existed since ever. he took human form and came as Jesus Christ. But he was there from the begining.

The best part is...there are, if you take her words @ face value, two alternatives - either she is monumentally stupid, or she is making a complex theological argument. If she believes in a trinitarian God, then such a God, creating all things in the universe, predates everything, and as the Son is a portion of the three-in-one god, the Son, i.e. Jesus, predates the universe. [​IMG]

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I was thinking! But the complex theological argument possibility fell through when she said, "I don't think there was anything before Christians." Meaning that nothing existed before human beings who believed in Christ. That makes my head hurt, so I'm forced to conclude that she is just catastrophically obtuse.

Indeed, the Jews came AFTER Christ. [​IMG]

Jon.

7. imageWIS

That is theologically true,

The Verb existed since ever. he took human form and came as Jesus Christ. But he was there from the begining.

I like that religion where breasts bounce in a bikini, that’s the best religion ever! I’d worship those things everyday.

Jon.

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ...is every episode them just talking over each other and trying to get a word in?

When I hear women yapping on like this (Oprah is no better, if a bit more civilized/educated), it makes me think of going gay, but then I realize that the dating pool would include you, Whodini and Connemara, hence I would really not be better off anyway.

BTW, where are all those idiots that post on here about having women as best friends, talking about deep issues with them etc etc. Here are some women for you.

9. Dedalus

Dedalus Well-Known Member

BTW, where are all those idiots that post on here about having women as best friends, talking about deep issues with them etc etc. Here are some women for you.

Not all women are idiots. [​IMG]

It pained the misogynist in me to type that.

10. imageWIS

When I hear women yapping on like this (Oprah is no better, if a bit more civilized/educated), it makes me think of going gay, but then I realize that the dating pool would include you, Whodini and Connemara, hence I would really not be better off anyway.

No, those are "˜stupid bitches'...they are a completely different category of women.

Perhaps you should de-antiquate your thinking and join us in 2007? While I'm sure it's all wonderful seeing everything through 1950's (just to take a stab of the type of era) rose-colored glasses, you should broaden your horizons regarding this issue; I mean if you did it with your sexuality, surely you could do it regarding this.

Jon.

11. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

No, those are "˜stupid bitches'...they are a completely different category of women.

Perhaps you should de-antiquate your thinking and join us in 2007? While I'm sure it's all wonderful seeing everything through 1950's (just to take a stab of the type of era) rose-colored glasses, you should broaden your horizons regarding this issue; I mean if you did it with your sexuality, surely you could do it regarding this.

Jon.

[​IMG]

Aren't you due to be shorn today?

12. imageWIS

[​IMG]

If that's your pickup line, you better go back to the drawing board.

Jon.

13. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A lot of times boys and girls stop being best friends once they discover sex.

14. imageWIS

A lot of times boys and girls stop being best friends once they discover sex.

Not if you weren’t attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don’t have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.

15. Flieger

Flieger Well-Known Member

Not if you weren't attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don't have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.

shit, someone should have told me this a long time ago..

16. imageWIS

shit, someone should have told me this a long time ago..

Dude, see a doctor, stat.

Jon.

17. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Not if you weren’t attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don’t have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.

Careful, you wouldn't want to take away edmorel's business.

18. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Dude, see imageWIS, stat.

Jon.

Fixed.

19. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

"Is the world flat?"

"I don't know"

[​IMG]

I've already watched the first, but the second... Ugh.

20. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

The more you think about it, the stranger (and more stupid) it becomes. For example: if there was nothing before Jesus, what, precisely, was the ontological status of Mary and Joseph, the magi, the shepherds, the guy who gave Mary and Joseph access to the manger, and all the people filling up the inn, which forced them to use the manger in the first place? Who is this mysterious "Caesar Augustus" who ordered the census that forced Mary and Joseph to travel to Bethlehem, and what possible reason could you have to order a census when no one exists? How is it possible that John the Baptist was born BEFORE Jesus?

Mysteries abound.