• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see, I am planing to get a double monk, and was leaning towards bordeaux. Wasn't sure if it looked too bright though. Might have to go cordovan, or museum plum for that one :confused:

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is an old pic. Not the best angle, but the best I have access to right now. Left to right, K, F, U.
orig.jpg
Thanks. What about length? I imagine that K looks more "feminine" if it's narrower at the toe box, but with similar width around the rest of the foot and as long as U? Am I wrong?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I don't think a narrower pic looks feminine, but that's subjective - you can form your own opinion on that score from the pic.
What I have in mind since it's the narrowest last I've seen in person is Carmina's Simpson last, which is narrower at the toe box than the U last and is often refered to as "feminine" around the board by some members. Maybe the word "feminine" is the wrong way to describe it. Thanks for your input.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The DM is fantastic and in oxblood to die for.

I only have a couple of holes in my rota and DM is one of them , the other being loafer which I don't do.

That has just about pushed me over the edge RogeP, I see no downside to them at all, I see only good :nodding:

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!, nothing new to show, but I always find interesting when someone post older shoes showing some wear.. here are some after a few years, I did apply a coat of cream polish.

Riot in F .

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don, Simpson is narrow overall. K is standard width, but with a narrow toe box. This makes it look less delicate, if you will, than Simpson, but also makes the chiseled toe box more dramatic.
Thanks. I might purchase one pair in K-last to try. Thanks for the explanation.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The DM is fantastic and in oxblood to die for. I only have a couple of holes in my rota and DM is one of them , the other being loafer which I don't do. That has just about pushed me over the edge RogeP, I see no downside to them at all, I see only good :nodding:
Thanks Cleav - Double monks will never dominate my rotation, but I'll always have one or two pairs. Maybe three. :) Jubei - Bordeaux isn't terribly bright, it just looks that way next to the deep red of Oxblood. It's a lovely shade in its own right. Red Cognac, now that's bright.
orig.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. @Rogerp's fit looks great. I always appreciate seeing shoes in a full fit context. Well done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads