• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That UK 5.5 is equivalent to what Vass sizing?

Hi DpprDr
Sorry I know the questions wasn't towards me but I wear 5.5 UK myself. I have a sem-wide feet and high instep
I take 5.5UK on Carmina Rain/Inca (sometimes 5.5UK or 6UK on their narrower Simpson/Alcudia)
When I first contacted Rezso for sizing info, he recommended me i should go with 39 (39.5 for U last since he said they are narrower)
I've heard Vass makes it a little bit and recommend big so I took a chance and went with 38.5 G width.
They came and fit perfect for me. Hope that helps.

UK5.5 = EU38.5 to EU39.
Once again in line with the following link:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Shoesize-adult-de.svg
:)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The reddish tint on 6125 cognac is lovely. But my antique cognac looks exactly the same as my 6125 cognac. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Anyone else have both the antique and the 6125 cognac?

I ordered antique cognac , but I'm thinking about getting a boot, and I don't want to get a color that is basically the same a same I already have.

sjys035

Reaction score
just an fyi, I contacted rezso about a suede color to closer match oxblood (rather than red or cognac) and he mentioned they have a bordeaux suede right now as well
That sounds good. I also have been trying to find a more reddish suede. Thank you rc121!

Last edited:

WSJ1

Reaction score
Anyone have a good picture of red cognac? I haven't found any good ones so far.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1st page / thread man.
These r mine- U cap Oxfords
forget the Cognac. The leather is red. Ferrari red.

Ecstasy

Reaction score

I ordered antique cognac , but I'm thinking about getting a boot, and I don't want to get a color that is basically the same a same I already have.

Try guessing which is which. The comparison may be a little unfair since the left pair is new, while the right pair is half a year old.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AC is a brown. 6125 is a dark red.
But there's quite a bit of variation within any one Vass color IME.To be sure of a clearer difference u could consider straight dark brown, a nice versatile color

l to r. .. AC, Dk Brown, 6125 Dark Cog, Red Cog

Last edited:

Incitatus

Reaction score

Just made this Vass chart for myself. Shows the various brown/tan shades in natural light vs. the swatches

5fnity.jpg

I own all these colours and this is by far the best colour reference image I have seen posted in this thread.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which one of those do you think matches the C&J cordovan?

Tomboys

Reaction score
IMO, Antic Cognac. On a side note, I really like the Dark Cognac. If I can ever figure out my sizing in Vass (U last), I think I'm going to get a pair made.

Ecstasy

Reaction score
IMO, Antic Cognac. On a side note, I really like the Dark Cognac. If I can ever figure out my sizing in Vass (U last), I think I'm going to get a pair made.

Just go up 0.5 size up from F, if your F last fits well.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new additions to the family; OEII in black and Austerity Brogue in oxblood

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The austerity brogue is They both are freaking stunning.

Are those pairs on one of the Peter lasts or is this what the F last looks like for greater sizes?
(I am only an EU39.5 in Vass F ;))

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads