• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, unfortunately, even downsizing 0.5 for the slippers, they are still big for me and will have to sell them.

Regarding the F last vs GG06 last they are completely different. Both are round but the F is sleeker with a beautiful raised profile and look very elegant. The 06 is much wider and flat. The shoes I had on the 06 last gave me the weird impression that the front of the shoes (toe area) had no correlation with all the rest. I can't help much regarding the waist and fit, I was stupid enough to purchase 3 G&G 06 but only did wear one of those for one day and they fit well, but I just couldn't look at them and sold them. IMO if you are going to G&G, go with the sleeker lasts except maybe for boots.

I know my shoe vocabulary sucks but I hope you get the idea.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The 06 is much wider and flat ...

oops, that's frightening. it would be the only last for me to consider, if i ever feel the need for gg.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, unfortunately, even downsizing 0.5 for the slippers, they are still big for me and will have to sell them.
Regarding the F last vs GG06 last they are completely different. Both are round but the F is sleeker with a beautiful raised profile and look very elegant. The 06 is much wider and flat. The shoes I had on the 06 last gave me the weird impression that the front of the shoes (toe area) had no correlation with all the rest. I can't help much regarding the waist and fit, I was stupid enough to purchase 3 G&G 06 but only did wear one of those for one day and they fit well, but I just couldn't look at them and sold them. IMO if you are going to G&G, go with the sleeker lasts except maybe for boots.
I know my shoe vocabulary sucks but I hope you get the idea.

That was very, very helpful and made my choice. I was about to order only U-lasts but I put in an order on a F-last also. I quiet like the GG06 and MH71 last from G&G. If the F-last is sleeker and more narrow than GG06 I'm sure I'm going to love it. Once again, thank you for your input. Now, I have to wait till late May until my Vass shoes arrives. Can't wait! =)

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oops, that's frightening. it would be the only last for me to consider, if i ever feel the need for gg.

See them in person first and try them on (if you haven't already) , but I know you always do that anyway.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was very, very helpful and made my choice. I was about to order only U-lasts but I put in an order on a F-last also. I quiet like the GG06 and MH71 last from G&G. If the F-last is sleeker and more narrow than GG06 I'm sure I'm going to love it. Once again, thank you for your input. Now, I have to wait till late May until my Vass shoes arrives. Can't wait! =)

There are hundreds of good pictures of the F here. Check Pliny's pictures a few pages back, that's a good example.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are hundreds of good pictures of the F here. Check Pliny's pictures a few pages back, that's a good example.

Yes, I know and I like what I see, but I wanted to get a feel of how it might look like in real life compared to GG06 since I haven't seen the F-last.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

See them in person first and try them on (if you haven't already) , but I know you always do that anyway.

there's no possibility here...

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMGP0041-1-1.jpg

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes P2 last, the soles look black but they are brown.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VASS Loafer
Actual color is on Pic.4
Picture004-4.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Picture005-5.jpg

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loafer is very very good.
Me post me 360 goiser shell budapester very soon.
Me fix it now. :nodding:
Me find man to post photo.
The budapester very very good.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cheers Medwed- haven't often seen these in this thread- they look great. Couple Q's- did u specify contrast stitching on the top? and how about the sizing- did u size down for the loafer? thx

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would appreciate if anybody could help me out with the F-last. I haven't seen the last in person and would like to know how it compares to a more familiar last to me, that is G&G's GG06 last. How do they compare? Are they alike? Are any of them rounder/sleeker/pointier than the other? Is there any difference in waist, and if so, what? The same questions goes for the comparison between Vass K-last and G&G Deco. I have always imagined that U-last --> TG73, K-last --> Deco and F-last --> GG06.

I have a pair made on GG06 and Vass's F.

The GG last is much more contoured and narrow-fitting than F (which has an unusually high instep). The F also has a very close-fitting heel, GG's is larger. The GG06 is a bit pointier, with a flat rounded toe. The F has a more chiseled toe. Although GG has an aggressively shaped sole waist, both lasts fit identically on the insole waist. If you decide to go with GG06, you should definitely size up ½ size. However, Vass's shoes are much cheaper than GG's -- and completely handmade. Hungarian wages being what they are, GG cannot compete with pricing, but they really don't have to. They have the most beautiful RTW lasts ever created, and I've seen hundreds.

Picture comparison of both lasts:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/gazianogirling-jalkineiden-anatomia/
http://www.keikari.com/blogi/laszlo-vass-jalkineiden-anatomia/

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair made on GG06 and Vass's F.
The GG last is much more contoured and narrow-fitting than F (which has an unusually high instep). The F also has a very close-fitting heel, GG's is larger. The GG06 is a bit pointier, with a flat rounded toe. The F has a more chiseled toe. Although GG has an aggressively shaped sole waist, both lasts fit identically on the insole waist. If you decide to go with GG06, you should definitely size up ½ size. However, Vass's shoes are much cheaper than GG's -- and completely handmade. Hungarian wages being what they are, GG cannot compete with pricing, but they really don't have to. They have the most beautiful RTW lasts ever created, and I've seen hundreds.
Picture comparison of both lasts:
http://www.keikari.com/blogi/gazianogirling-jalkineiden-anatomia/
http://www.keikari.com/blogi/laszlo-vass-jalkineiden-anatomia/

Wow, thank you for a very informative post. I've also experienced that Vass has a very close-fitting heel compared to G&G and C&J. I have a pair on the U-last and the shoe almost feels to little/snug because of this, but when sizing up 1/2 a size i have a gap in the heel-area. Concerning the size I'm with you, I'm a UK8 in G&G but UK7,5 in Vass, although my Vass feels more snug.

Thank you for the comparison of the look between the shoes and for the pictures. I feel the GG06 is to round for me, I liked the MH71 more but thought the F-last did look like GG06 more than MH71. I ordered three pair of Vass last week, two on the U-last and one on the F-last. If I like the F-last I might get my another pair which I think I will given your description and pictures of the last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads