• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys know you hate these posts but BB Made in Italy Harris Tweed...bnwt but not cheap ($60)

Kop?

xbd5b8jz.jpg

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
could see that going for $120. nvm. (if you had to ask.......)
don't start a rush on harris tweed just because of me .
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm:        could see that going for $120.   nvm.  (if you had to ask.......)
don't start a rush on harris tweed just because of me .  
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

$60 for a used sport coat is way too much. For that price, it would need to be something way above BB in terms of quality.

Edit: Didn't realize it was NWT. Even so, still way too much money.

Last edited:

evolutionofRW

Reaction score

No. Not even for yourself.

The reason that I say that you shouldn't cop and the reason Eazy E says "not even for yourself" is because that is too much money for a Harris Tweed SC--even if it is NWT made in Italy for BB. Unlike some other people in this thread, I love Harris tweed and own a couple. But if you thrift often enough, you'll be turning those things down left and right for under $10. And they don't usually flip too well. I learned from experience. Don't repeat my mistakes! Good luck!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The reason that I say that you shouldn't cop and the reason Eazy E says "not even for yourself" is because that is too much money for a Harris Tweed SC--even if it is NWT made in Italy for BB. Unlike some other people in this thread, I love Harris tweed and own a couple. But if you thrift often enough, you'll be turning those things down left and right for under $10. And they don't usually flip too well. I learned from experience. Don't repeat my mistakes! Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I think I'm guilty of going a little wacky when I see NWT stuff.

I'll pass even though I like it personally.

There are a bunch of NWT colorful VV cords here if anyone interested in proxy.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, the tweed must be plentiful for you guys, but it's loved in japan as much as *** denims in the states. (don't say i never gave a flip tip.)
smaller size= kop.
my size =pm.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man Dallas is covered in Tweed. Some stores specifically have Tweed racks.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have shop corners just for tweed. = $$$$$

surrounded by grails at grail prices......

edt: there is TWEED, and then there is..

you guys should know the difference. ( eazye and wes nodding) there is a way to do well off the right stuff.
and a 36 harris tweed is PURE GOLD.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just now home.

Long day.
Money spent.
Cherries popped.
Shells collected.
Grails (for my area) found.
Feet tired.

You took the words right out of my mouth from last night, except I was too tired to actually post.

I hit a consignment shop on my way to meeting friends for drinks. Hit it incredibly fast, but still ended up with some mind blowing stuff (and a mind blowing credit card charge to go with it). Details a bit later.

GM-H

Reaction score

Thanks everyone. I think I'm guilty of going a little wacky when I see NWT stuff.

I'll pass even though I like it personally.

There are a bunch of NWT colorful VV cords here if anyone interested in proxy.

I take it your are at the place that ******* sucks at pricing. Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads