• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Great! [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3 more......This works great when I call people out.[/FONT]
Barrel? MZHammer? DeadBoy? You guys in? It's a lot of fun!
What's the prize for this round? Might help motivate a few that are on the fence.

jtwilcox

Reaction score

Edited to add this horror story:
I'm flipping through the SCs in the GW where I found the Zegna and Canali jackets. I pass a ******, outdated BB jacket and notice something stiff, like a brochure, in the inner jacket pocket. Turns out it's not a brochure. I pull out a Polaroid of one of the most disturbing images I've ever seen: an old, wrinkly, obese grandmother completely naked after what appears to be open heart surgery...

Maybe this was missed because it was edited after being paged, but just wanted to say it made for a good laugh over here. Yikes...

DeadBoy

Reaction score
On baby duty while the wife and kids go to a baptism. Hopefully I will get a chance to start the trouser experiment.

Heh, you married guys must just have to go for it whenever you can, hey.

thrift fit from church today: andover shop, brooks brothers, henry rosen, j crew
also who the hell makes these henry rosen made in Italy pants, I love them, they are washed cotton like a lbm 1911 or bolgioli jacket and the label looks familiar I just can't place it

Do you mean Harry Rosen? If so, no idea, but I have a pair too and they're awesome.

Nice looking fit. However... I'm no church-going man, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be buttoned one higher in a house of the Lord.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3 more......This works great when I call people out.[/FONT]

Sorry dude, my car dying has pretty much sunk my thrifting down to nothing. Still trying to figure out an alternative.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey thrifters,
Work has had me real busy lately. looking forward to a meet up with Barrel soon, thrifting in fran town.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

( still looking for brian, just had no time to thrift. working a min 11 hours a day)
musicboohoo[1].gif

still here and some great finds everybody!!
bounce2.gif

Wanted to start contributing a little more in here. And Ian asked if I'd post up some pics of a popover I picked up.

Don't find tailored clothing very often (I mostly buy for myself, 36R/S is a hard size to come by), so it's typically more SW&D stuff.

Recent pickups:

Gilded Age Popover - Made in Japan

RRL Henley

LVC 1947 501XX

Ahh ****! Been looking for some pre 1950's...Good stuff!
They would go for far more than I paid, but I collect LVC/Levi's stuff to an extent.

I didn't photograph, but also picked up a pair of early 70's selvedge little 'e' 501s and a RRL pocket tee.
Pics or it didn't happen!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Summer polo that I liked, nothing special

For my dad, found on his birthday

Also for him and found on his bday

A Hickey BD that caught my eye. Interest fabric right?

Just one stop today. Did pick up my 3rd BoO shirt in a week, along with a couple of Billy Reid shirts. (N/A)

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thrift fit from church today: andover shop, brooks brothers, henry rosen, j crew
also who the hell makes these henry rosen made in Italy pants, I love them, they are washed cotton like a lbm 1911 or bolgioli jacket and the label looks familiar I just can't place it
Bro! Bad ass fit! But still ain't feel'n those chicken legs...
I only found a few things over the past week but we did manage to get a away for a day or so for the long weekend to the ole homestead. It's been in the family for almost 100 years. These are three of my kids walking through a field of barley.

On to the finds. An aztec/navajo pattern United Colors of Benetton. Made in Italy. It's so busy I missed the hole near the cuff.
censored.gif

Mint late '50s to early-'60s varsity collared cardigan.

No offense but that's nothing. I've about 15 jackets, 20 suits, 60 shirts and 40 pair of shoes
frown.gif
Damn! Pics or it didn't happen!
At least I was never thirsty for martinigirl
lol8[1].gif

No offense but thats nothing. I've about 150 jackets, 75 suits, 300 shirts, 500 ties, 120 sweaters, 25 pants, 40 pieces of outerwear, 60 pairs of shoes, and 250 pieces of womens.
I totally missread that as "underwear!"
lol8[1].gif

Ahhh ****! Thanks for putting me up on game, Wes! I guess I'll have to do it now...
nest.gif

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Pics or it didn't happen!

That phrase will always be funny.

Levi's Little "e" 501. After some further digging, they're actually late 70's or early 80's. I love the history of Levi's because of all the little nuances that exist. It's fun trying to date the product.

Anyway, here you go.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok. Posting 2 things.

Burberry Women's Hooded Jacket, Size XS, $4.80

2nd is a Canali leather coat, size large. I'll probably keep this one for myself, and as such, paid $90, but it is in extremely good condition. sleeves are about an inch too long.

BTW, Photo's are taken with an overhead light I build to mimic Wes's set up.

one 4 lamp and one 2 lamp fixture for a total of 6 lamps. all bulbs are 6500K daylight.

I tried both a white background (these) and a neutral gray #8 background (Wes's system).

These are straight out of the camera, cropped and resized for posting.

will dink with white balance and aperture later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads