• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slim pickings today at lunch. Did snag this though. Did I do good?

I'm serious....
peepwall[1].gif
. Is this the Dior I am looking for?

Last edited:

Nell

Reaction score
Buffalo Exchange pickup...Size M, available

Incotex for Zegna, 34, Available

Another pair of Chinolinos, 34, Available

And the softest Zegna soft. Angora, Wool, Cash. 3/2, double vented, throat latch/button, quarter lined...But honestly, rivals the mainline I've picked up. EU 54, Available

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't tell you what it looks like because I've never seen it myself, although Nat thrifted a suit a while back and might have a pic.

Sadly I don't have a pic as it's long since been sold, but this is what the label looked like. When pressed between an ancient licensed label and this, you'll know which one to grab. :)

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not quite astounding price wise, but....
Oxxford Crest, 2 button, side vented, ESCORIAL wool suit, mid-grey with a nice spaced pinstripe. Jacket fits perfect, functional cuffs. The pants need to be slimmed in the legs, otherwise its pretty ****.
I do not know if it has been worn, it is in perfect mint/new shape. Con original Oxxford hanger.

Tip: Consignment stores have discounting ability. I had never asked and always paid what they asked. I had seen this suit there for months. I asked, she said depending on how long it had been there she could do up to half off. It was tagged at $250.00. I said, if you can half off this, Im in. DONE

$125.00 at a local consignment store.

Last edited:

thriftydood

Reaction score
This feels like a trap, but I'll reply anyway--that looks like a pass (unless it has a Canali size/fabric content tag).
Slim pickings today at lunch. Did snag this though. Did I do good?

I'm serious....
peepwall[1].gif
. Is this the Dior I am looking for?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the Donna Karen I picked up yesterday. Some of the softest cashmere I've ever handled. It was cheap and too beautiful to pass. Besides the jetted pockets, it looks pretty recent. Still not sure on the maker though.

Also a minty BB slim fit in my size. I always scoop these for myself.

staxringold

Reaction score

Hildich and Key 16 with french cuffs, Thomas Pink Blue Plaid (keeping)
Does anyone know if this older T Pink is considered better or lower quality than the newer stuff? Passed on a pretty nice condition plain white shirt with that label because it had crazy outsized arms (the tag even noted it, I think it was 15x36 or something), but was my first time seeing that label IRL.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this older T Pink is considered better or lower quality than the newer stuff? Passed on a pretty nice condition plain white shirt with that label because it had crazy outsized arms (the tag even noted it, I think it was 15x36 or something), but was my first time seeing that label.

I don't specifically know about this one, but it is usually better. I picked up two for myself. Reinforced gussets, mother of pearl buttons, split yoke, barrel cuffs, tailored fit, nicer fabric, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads