• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From L to Right
Sulka, Sulka, Robert Talbot(London), Christian Dior

From L to Right
Givenchy, Hermes and Italo Ferrelli

Gucci, Knit Zegna and Stripped Zegna Tie

NWT Drakes, Lanvin(Right one?) and NWT Etro Vintage Tie
crazy.gif
@ bold...Not sure about the Lanvin...Need close up pics...But pretty cool rest of the haul!
I was with you all the way up until the DKNY tie, then I was all like
crazy.gif
It had me first at CD...
Cool find. Borsalino has made a couple of hats like this for Tracht, traditional clothing. I think they're pretty desired.
Boom, roasted.

+1...my first thought as well.

GMMcL: Can't wait to hear more about this sale!!

Big shout out to SpooPoker for sending me a box of awesome! My doorbell rang and I open it to see the postman with a USPS box which always has me quickly racking my brain trying to remember what I ordered. My dog was curious and trotted over to stick his head out and see who it was. Apparently this postman, filling in for someone else, was terrified of dogs. His eyes got huge and he ran backwards quite a few steps. I had to tell him that he's friendly, but there was no way he really believed that. He basically tossed me the box and the scanner to sign. I felt bad but couldn't help to laugh. Does this guy look scary??

I guess he could be, under the right circumstances....

He musta been a cat lover!
biggrin.gif
Were you the one who took your dog to Italy and had a bunch of people ogling over your pooch? This was a year back.
Hans, LOVE your Airedale. I had two growing up a long with a standard poodle. I desperately wish my current lifestyle allowed me enough time and space to have another.
Great dogs!

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sort of slim pickins lately, but hey.
Does anyone know the maker of the tux? Going to post in the labels thread but since Im here...

I'd know it anywhere. GFT SpA. Most of their stuff was half canvas. They had the license for Armani Collezioni and Valentino (among others) in the 1990s. Went belly up around 2004ish. That ripped out tag could possibly be Valentino. Or it might be Ungaro Uomo. Don't think it was Armani. From all the cues in the photos, I'd say that's from the Italy factory, but I would need to ask around among former employees to verify, and determine whether it's possible to more accurately date the tag based on color, layout and content of the mfr tag.

MarkThomas

Reaction score
Found some sweet white Le Coq Sportif shoes a couple days ago. Spent an hour yesterday cleaning up the suede trim on the front. Stepped in dogshit that my neighbor left in my front yard and didn't clean up. Didn't realize until an hour later. Now it's all over both shoes. Don't have the will to clean them up again. May just throw out or re-donate to GW. fml

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some sweet white Le Coq Sportif shoes a couple days ago. Spent an hour yesterday cleaning up the suede trim on the front. Stepped in dogshit that my neighbor left in my front yard and didn't clean up. Didn't realize until an hour later. Now it's all over both shoes. Don't have the will to clean them up again. May just throw out or re-donate to GW. fml

Condolences, we are sad for your sneaker loss. but, if size 11 us, clean them again and send to me.
peepwall[1].gif

Shiny

Reaction score
Sort of slim pickins lately, but hey.

Does anyone know the maker of the tux? Going to post in the labels thread but since Im here...

Those Tods look a little shellish. :thumbs-up:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Great looking dog HansderHund! I'd give him a big ol' hug if I saw him at the door. :nodding:

Hans, LOVE your Airedale. I had two growing up a long with a standard poodle. I desperately wish my current lifestyle allowed me enough time and space to have another.

Thanks! He's my pride and joy. A wonderful breed if you have time and patience for an intelligent dog with lots of energy and a strong independent way of thinking.

He musta been a cat lover! :D   Were you the one who took your dog to Italy and had a bunch of people ogling over your pooch? This was a year back.

You have a great memory! I think I inadvertently started the dog derailment last year when I added some photos from our holiday in Croatia (close with Italy). We've never figured it out, but Chinese and Japanese tour groups go crazy for him. It has happened in numerous cities. I joke that I must be in quite a few slideshows somewhere in Japan.

Dog story spoilered for the uninterested

I had a conversation with one guy in a tour group in Prague that went like this:

Man: Beautiful dog! He died natural?
Me: Thank you! Died?
Man: Yes, died.
Me: Well, he's pretty young.
Man: No, color...dyed. Or natural?
Me: Oh, no, that's his natural color.
Man to group: [Translating that I don't dye him.]
Group: OOOOOH AHHHHHH.

Then everyone filed up and whispered to me that he was very pretty. I thought it was great. :nodding:

My wife captured this scene in Croatia:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also I am officially addicted to fly fishing
So if people could keep their eyes out for awesome bucket hats I would appreciate it, also cool outdoor/fishing/sportsman vests with lots of pockets

I'm out of town for a week or longer, but when I get back I can grab a fishing vest from H Peterman if you want it. M that fits pretty big, it hasn't moved in over a month so I'm betting it will still be there when I get back.

Also I'm gonna be up in Boston and the Hudson valley soon :fence:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the tie crafts conversation. My aunt makes handbags out of thrifted ties. She certainly doesn't care about brands. Only colors and being clean. $5 in ties gives her a product that sells for $45 at craft shows and flea markets. When I told her about some of the brands I look for she laughed and told me she's probably destroyed some great ties. Here are two she made for my sister.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm out of town for a week or longer, but when I get back I can grab a fishing vest from H Peterman if you want it. M that fits pretty big, it hasn't moved in over a month so I'm betting it will still be there when I get back.

Also I'm gonna be up in Boston and the Hudson valley soon :fence:

Actually 2 hours and $100 on eBay got me a vest, hat, waders, and boots... Thanks though!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads