• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was good but ugly tie day (except the polo):

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the thrift gods reward good deeds? I say they do!

Tuesday, I posted about a Small, yellow Vineyard Vines polo shirt that I had left and was pmed by another member who was interested in a proxy. Yesterday morning, although time was tight, I stopped by the Value Village see if it was still there (it was, I kopped) and noticed that the inventory of size small polos had doubled so I burned another 60 seconds that I didn't have to flip through the rack.

Yep! Red PRL with horizontal stripes (small stain that will wash out) AND NO PONY LOGO! In all the time that I have been thrifting, I've NEVER found a Small PRL polo.

Also, a Small, Navy, Brooks Brothers polo with a gold logo on the chest (stupid sheep!) and the words "Golden Fleece" on the collar label!

Like the Boy Scouts told me, "Do a good deed daily."

messenger309

Reaction score
Pssst, buddy. Can you spare a seven fold?

I am going to start making up some seven fold ties from a silk/cashmere/wool thrift source that I have. And while it is not difficult to create patterns for seven fold ties I would love to be able to see how other makers do it.

What I am looking for is stained/holed/marked/ugly seven folds you may come across thrifting. I am happy to pay cost and shipping.

Once I have a result I am satisfied with I will draw names from those who help out and send one lucky winner a custom seven fold in a cloth of their choice (well, you will have to choose from what is available to me).

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pssst, buddy. Can you spare a seven fold?

I am going to start making up some seven fold ties from a silk/cashmere/wool thrift source that I have. And while it is not difficult to create patterns for seven fold ties I would love to be able to see how other makers do it.

What I am looking for is stained/holed/marked/ugly seven folds you may come across thrifting. I am happy to pay cost and shipping.

Once I have a result I am satisfied with I will draw names from those who help out and send one lucky winner a custom seven fold in a cloth of their choice (well, you will have to choose from what is available to me).

If this buyer doesn't pay (which they may not), I'd be happy to send it along...surprised it was bid up that high, and the buyer probably sobered up and has second thoughts...

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just a few recent finds...

Tricker's

Vintage Carrera shades

Battistoni tie. Not stained, just the lighting.

A first for me, DSquared2

Junior Tod's

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like we've some Dsquared2 synergy going from my last post :)

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout outs to messenger309 for a dope ass guncheck/gingham whatever checks SC with dual vents, functional sleeves, soft shoulders, and all that jazz!!! Needs to be taken in about 6 inches in the gut though!
lol8[1].gif
fing02[1].gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Tod's are good?
why is that?
I was reading some bad things about the driving loafers from andys

Fliptalk:
They are a lot new but they dont resell well

Yeah, most are beat to hell that you find out there. I honestly like Tod's a lot, but I wouldn't really buy them used (for myself). These are for kids (size 28). I'd never seen them before and they were cheap enough to grab.

Looks like we've some Dsquared2 synergy going from my last post :)

:cheers:

Last edited:

div25sec9

Reaction score

Tod's are good?
why is that?
I was reading some bad things about the driving loafers from andys

Fliptalk:
They are a lot new but they dont resell well

There is a demand for them; I'd def want a pair in my size..the only issue is that they rarely are found in good shape. They are usually worn right out, or demand a large price.

chiron

Reaction score
Good Deeds cont....

Gave a burberry pullover to a lady visiting chi from nj. Got three LuLu pants from another shopper.

Went to my reg store , saw five mint canali shirts behind the counter . Nice fabric but not my size. Walked around for a bit and found my first isaia jacket. looked all over the store for the pants no luck. Saw some guy with his son looking for dress shirts. Told him about the shirts behind the counter. Turned my cart around and behold the pants ....

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:slayer:

ABAIBLABLABLE !

~ BOOM ~

~ BOOM ~

~ BOOM ~

~ BOOM ~

~ ******* BOOM! ~

Last one is Samuelsohn, apparently. Thanks, bros, for the ID. :fistbump:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads