• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score

Can anybody tell if this is real?

Also got this today:

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question - the discoloration around a collar, is there a way to fix that? I assume they're from sweat/long use.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shoutout to tben for a killer Holland & Holland s/c that I thought needed a little shortening in the arms but it doesn't and LeSacre for an awesome Baldwin chambray that will be in my regular rotation once the cooler weather finds it's way back here.

Thanks again, guys! :slayer:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After finding the JS homestead I got the itch to look around town and see if anymore cult japanese repro/workwear brands wound up in the thrifts. I'd love to save it was raining anachronorm and john lofgren, but it was a pretty run of the mill day.

48" chest pringle thick cashmere

I generally don't pick up barney's brand shirts, but this tiny calico ish print reminds me a lot of post o'alls, and it wasn't $250

Uggo Etro

I finally bought a YSL. I know rive gauche is what we're looking for, but something tells me that this isn't the rive gauche I'm looking for

Zegna five pocket chinos

LB nice solid blue

with destroyed cuffs :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you think this is the Rive Gauche you are looking for? ^^

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Big shoutout to tben for a killer Holland & Holland s/c that I thought needed a little shortening in the arms but it doesn't and LeSacre for an awesome Baldwin chambray that will be in my regular rotation once the cooler weather finds it's way back here.

Thanks again, guys! :slayer:

Cool weather? That would be what, early August for you?

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
I got this Martin Dingman belt a couple months ago but I've had a hard time finding out if it's real ostrich skin or not. If anyone can authenticate it or tell me if it's grain that'd be fantastico. There's nothing indicating either way that it's ostrich or just leather. I've included all the details I can on the belt. Also, apologies in advance for not spoilering photos, I still haven't gotten past that noob level.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple ties on top of a pair of silvery/light gray Canali trousers, pleated but they were $3 and are MINT, but you ask, why would I buy an outdated Burberry's

Clue is the "MD"
peepwall[1].gif
no idea! but want to know!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Went to Marshalls and did pretty well.
(someone made an announcement about these that prompted my trip)
Indeed, I stopped by my usually unproductive Marshall's last week and found similar 3 packs of wool socks retailing at $17.99 in only one set of colors (Red/Gray/Navy) so I only bought one pack. How many pairs of bright red socks do I need? They also had 3 packs of cotton socks but they were too large for me. Everyone near a Marshall's who wants these socks should make a special trip! Another item checked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads