• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
- If anyone finds a tuxedo vest like this, BUY IT! (then send me a PM if a small for $$$) Either way, someone here will want to trade you for it.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last few dozen posts equal wow.

Huge relief that Jabba is in Portland. CK, yes, those look like Grenadine, but I'm no expert. Oh and check your pm.

And I also miss Grendel. Where is that guy?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The real question is, Where is Mexicutioner? Find him, you will find all the lost souls...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! Fantastic find!

Now I'll try ...

All items are from my trip to LA last week from consignees or consignment stores and 1 GW.
I think I would've done more damage if I wasn't busy F-Sun due to my best friend's wedding. Great thing about this haul and trip was everything was paid for (even my 1K brakes) and had a good chunk of change remaining from playing cards at Commerce!
Everything is pretty much available but I'll most likely opt to sell on B&S or ebay because my girl is getting pissed that there isn't anymore closet room.

Not pictured are huge hauls in the women's section.
Jil Sander blazer, 4x DVF pieces (3 dresses, 1 sweater), 3 more dresses from other designers - same level, 1 V Westwood dress, 1 missoni heel, 2 tory burch heels, 2 tory burch clothing items, 1 f olivera bag, 3 marc jacob pieces, 1 ** dress, 1 gucci wedge, and 1 pair of Loubs

Here's my haul:

4 RG shirts, 2 Rag and Bone, 1 APC, Sutor's, and a few other stuff not pictured due to stuff I left back in LA or in my car. :happy:

Incotex (x3 - 2 aren't pictured), NWT Northface, Barbour jacket (some issues)

Kiton, 6 Borrelli's (16-16.5)

Zegna couture, RLBL, Etro, Paul Smith London, Billy Reid, Truzzi x2

Zegna Couture (44), Isaia (42), Burberry London (38), Valentino Roma (36)

LA folks - please be on the look out for the pants. I will pay you to re-unite these with the jackets.

Canali woo/cashmere (48 R), BB donegal (40L), HF super 120 (42), Faconnable blackwatch reversible vest (M)

NWOT BB grey tweed reversible coat (XL), Zegna 15 mil suit (42 keeping), Zegna wool cashmere besopke (48 p2p), JV unstructured jacket (42)

Gant Michael Bastian (XS and M linen), Gant Rugger (XL), Filson, RLPL keaton, Paul Smith NWT (M)

Loro Piana cotton zip up (EU 50), NWT Loro Piana 100% cashmere sweater

Gucci suit (38), Brioni super 150 suit 41/42L, Brioni pow suit (same size), Brioni cotton suit (same size feels like silk - color is bone/light green??), Brioni navy blue unstructured patch pocket (ab-so-lutely gorgeous)

For you SW&D lovers
Issey Miyake sweater shirt thing (?), Yohji sweater, CDG trench, NWT Issey wool pants

I left my favorite for last
All Dsquared2 size 46 (which is a slim M or a small)
The cardigan is heavier than some of my coats. You can appreciate the handwork in this. It's so awesome that I wish it 1. fit and 2. I could pull this off. If you're canadian, this is a MUST

Cheers

fawk. My fiance and I would like to move to LA in the next 5 years or so. I hope the thrifting outweighs the heavy taxation/regulation. God only knows what the state's financial condition will be 15 years from now.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while, gathering info on thrift finds and building my collection/selling. Thought it was finally time to throw up some of the stuff that I haven't sold yet. Pictures don't show really any of the brands but it just shows some of patterns, etc. I don't know how to spoiler so I'm sorry if it isn't and I'm clogging the thread.

As far as the jeans go there is mostly selvedge stuff: RRL(Not pictured) Kiton, Jean Shop, J Crew, Rogan, Levis, and I forgot the other one. I also have some other random stuff like Diesels and Paco Rabanne.

Tons of AE's in the shoes, along with a lot of Mezlan. A few pairs of Bally's, some Churches, Santoni, Ferragamo, and a pair of Alden's in there. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Mainly Trafalgar and Martin Dingman belts in here.

There are TONS of different ties in here. Mostly Robert Talbott Best of Class and Brooks Brothers Makers. Also a lot of Zegna, PRL, Some RLPL, Ben Silver, Charvet, Hermes, Burberry, Borrelli, J Press, Coach, plus probably like 10 others that I'm forgetting.

Some awesome shirts and some pretty lame ones too. Couple of English Laundry, a few Zegnas, but some pretty nice Paul Smith, Burberry, TM Lewin, Rag & Bone, Eton, 3Sixteen, Charles Thyrwhitt, Eton, Etro, Holliday and Brown, Charvet, plus a few more I think.

Sorry for the long post, but there's about 9 months of stuff here, not counting any of the stuff I've sold. All of the pictures were taken in the past 3-4 days. Everything on here is going up on eBay at some point, I just need to step up my picture game.
Wow! That's awesome! Talk about an epic first post!
Wow! Fantastic find!

Now I'll try ...

All items are from my trip to LA last week from consignees or consignment stores and 1 GW. I think I would've done more damage if I wasn't busy F-Sun due to my best friend's wedding. Great thing about this haul and trip was everything was paid for (even my 1K brakes) and had a good chunk of change remaining from playing cards at Commerce!
Everything is pretty much available but I'll most likely opt to sell on B&S or ebay because my girl is getting pissed that there isn't anymore closet room.

Not pictured are huge hauls in the women's section.
Jil Sander blazer, 4x DVF pieces (3 dresses, 1 sweater), 3 more dresses from other designers - same level, 1 V Westwood dress, 1 missoni heel, 2 tory burch heels, 2 tory burch clothing items, 1 f olivera bag, 3 marc jacob pieces, 1 ** dress, 1 gucci wedge, and 1 pair of Loubs

Here's my haul:

4 RG shirts, 2 Rag and Bone, 1 APC, Sutor's, and a few other stuff not pictured due to stuff I left back in LA or in my car.
happy.gif

Incotex (x3 - 2 aren't pictured), NWT Northface, Barbour jacket (some issues)

Kiton, 6 Borrelli's (16-16.5)

Zegna couture, RLBL, Etro, Paul Smith London, Billy Reid, Truzzi x2

Zegna Couture (44), Isaia (42), Burberry London (38), Valentino Roma (36)

LA folks - please be on the look out for the pants. I will pay you to re-unite these with the jackets.

Canali woo/cashmere (48 R), BB donegal (40L), HF super 120 (42), Faconnable blackwatch reversible vest (M)

NWOT BB grey tweed reversible coat (XL), Zegna 15 mil suit (42 keeping), Zegna wool cashmere besopke (48 p2p), JV unstructured jacket (42)

Gant Michael Bastian (XS and M linen), Gant Rugger (XL), Filson, RLPL keaton, Paul Smith NWT (M)

Loro Piana cotton zip up (EU 50), NWT Loro Piana 100% cashmere sweater

Gucci suit (38), Brioni super 150 suit 41/42L, Brioni pow suit (same size), Brioni cotton suit (same size feels like silk - color is bone/light green??), Brioni navy blue unstructured patch pocket (ab-so-lutely gorgeous)

For you SW&D lovers
Issey Miyake sweater shirt thing (?), Yohji sweater, CDG trench, NWT Issey wool pants

I left my favorite for last
All Dsquared2 size 46 (which is a slim M or a small)
The cardigan is heavier than some of my coats. You can appreciate the handwork in this. It's so awesome that I wish it 1. fit and 2. I could pull this off. If you're canadian, this is a MUST

Cheers

You facker!!!!!!!!!!!! Snatching up all the good ****! Leave some for us, you shameless bastard!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet vintage BB 346 tweed

Chest: 46”
Sleeves: 26”
Shoulders: 18.75”
Length (BOC): 33”

Bill's Khakis tattersal

Silk EZ shirt

Chest: 48”
Sleeves: 25”
Shoulders: 20”
Length (BOC): 31”

Some dude donated a bunch of sweet PRL ties:

Next three are my favorite. Are these un-tipped grenadines?

Some ugly ass Prada loafers

OR beanie

Sweet PRL tweed ballcap

Woolrich 60/40 park

Minty OR w/ Gore Windstopper & Primaloft.

LL Bean Baxter State Parka

Sidis in my size!

Old tuxedo. Small hole I noticed too late, but it was only $2...Plus I just wanted the vest

The vest:

Tiffany & Co. ceramic espresso (?) cups

And... what could possibly turn out to be one of my best finds ever. I have 9 of these. Done several hours of research so far. Similar plate went up for auction with an estimate of $800-$1000, but the reserve was not met, so I don't have a realized price for comparison. They're at least 100 years old, as some iridescence has formed on the green glaze, which takes about 100 years to form. Regardless of what happens, they're awesome.
Wow! What a great haul, man!

Can I request for some addtional pics of the plate, maybe the bottom or any writings, markings, and indications?! THanks!

LeSacre

Reaction score

$60. Giorgio Armani NWT. Worth the kop?

EDIT: I'll take the lack of responses as a no.

Last edited:

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
Thanks for the love d00ds. I still have jackets and some pants to post as well, along with a lot of things that my good mate Friskydingo has filled my closet with.
I'm also just going to leave this here for you guys. NWOT

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful straw Borsaliano with the ******* tag right through the brim!!!! :fu: :fu: :fu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads