• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
ˆ Got a feeling this will be a compelling reason for spending more than $15 on shoes at a thrift.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, let it be known that DM7 just called them his best thrift ever. Popcorn everyone? Once you're done with his main course, I'll serve dessert.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ccp?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo, thrifting a Ferrari is one thing. Having the self control to allow that amount of money to amass over that long a period of time, is truly amazing. Congrats!

A question. Is there a line of Tom James that is actually made by Oxxford? I know they have the same parent company, but I always thought that was their only connection. Until today when I came across 5 or 6 jackets that must have been donated by the local TJ rep. All of them had names in them, but still had tags or basting or no buttons probably ordered and never picked up. . Two or three of them were full canvass, with pick stitching and two of them had the concave bone buttons that I've only ever seen on Oxxford jackets. Most had the TJ labels removed, but one of the canvassed ones had a purple, Royal Classic label. I picked one of them, but haven't had time to take pics yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow. Any ideas?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Garasaki

Reaction score
Thats my size...but im kind of..um.. broke this week.
smile.gif

Welcome to the thread and looking forward!

Yeah I imagine it costs a fair mint to keep the gas gage on F in that Ferrarri you thrifted.

Maybe you can thrift some gas for your thrifted car

jk

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Wandering the women's section when I spy this on the rack of clothes people have tried on and left behind...

The slick pattern is what grabbed my eye and told me to take a closer look.

A good sign.

No vents, but if you can rock this, you don't need em.

Buttons- Frosty.

Let's head inside...

Anyone seen that printed in black instead of blue? Is this that made in Italy tag?

Made for some gent named

This one.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a boys day today, took my two sons to our first estate sale and was fairly stoked by some of the buys. Also found out my youngest is a great negotiator
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
We found 3 large buckets of Legos, and carried them downstairs. The guy asked for $30 for all of them and my son looks crestfallen and says no he is going to put them back and the guy gave him ~10lbs of Legos for $20. I found a few things for myself:

100% Cashmere scarf and a J&M shoe tree + generic shoe tree which prompted the question from the wife why I need 14 sets of shoe trees...

A Suit valet not sure what type of wood, maple I believe. Not really sure why I bought this...

Also found 2 Samsonite Garment bags, 1 OK condition and the other brand new. Which is great because I made my first trip recently in my new position at work and drove down to New Jersey and covered my dress clothes with a f*ing Hefty Bag.

We then took a trip over to my favorite Savers, not really much. I found a couple chinos (1 Banana Republic and 1 J Crew) for myself.

Brooks Brothers Slacks Tan wool 34"W 29"I

Zanella Tan 33"W 29I"

Charcoal Zanella 35"W 31 1/2"I

1 Canali sport shirt

1 Nerf gun for the kids $3

Then finally what I have been searching for, a decent leather briefcase. Butter soft leather, only issue is a broken zipper and a scuff below that. Not sure if I can have that fixed but I can live with it, it is better than a back pack with a jacket or suit on. Getting a $500 briefcase for $8... Priceless

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More details from my thrift on Friday with the 2 D&G jackets, kris van assche and Corneliani. Here's pics of all but the Corneliani, becuase that ***** is already resting in my closet - I actually found a fray in it, so I can't sell it anyways. Good enough for me though. The rest are going up here or on the bay.

not sure if a tie is appropriate for this pic, but I had about 13 suits and sc's to shoot today and didn't feel like changing it.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wandering the women's section when I spy this on the rack of clothes people have tried on and left behind...

The slick pattern is what grabbed my eye and told me to take a closer look.

A good sign.

No vents, but if you can rock this, you don't need em.

Buttons- Frosty.

Let's head inside...

Anyone seen that printed in black instead of blue? Is this that made in Italy tag?

Made for some gent named

This one.
Most of my B's are of that script but in blue. I have seen ones in black before. This was made in what? 80's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads