1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

Not to you.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Well-Known Member

:lurk:

So much happens in the dead of night.

Ray x, you bastard!!!

j/k bro. I was going to pm you to see if you wanted this shirt, but it seems you're doing ok :wow:

who was 38R's secret santa?!

:lurk:

3. size 38R

size 38R Well-Known Member

Wasn't you, was it noob? [​IMG]

Ray: play it off if you want, i win a prize,- to go in a raffle??????? WTF is this nonsense???!!!
    - are you saying Catside misled us all? whatever man. [​IMG] the prize i offered has a new owner. i keep it honest.

done with it. only trading or trusting certain members from now. and i will still give a secret santa next year. the good guys know who they are, and can expect awesome trades and freebies as a reward for keeping it real.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Bro, don't trip! I got you covered!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] "Bro bro bro!!!"

2 people like this.
  5. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

It's mid-morning here! :happy:

Unfortunately, he was one of two that didn't receive anything. I have been trying to get in touch with him and I promised Size 38R that I'd keep up with it and keep him updated. I fully intend on making it right.

I am adhering to my original policy of not revealing that information as there could be any number of legitimate reasons that his partner hasn't responded to communication. I'd hate to tarnish someone's reputation under preconceived notions, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It's an unfortunate situation and it's making me rethink doing this again.

6. caseyfud

It took me about a minute to read ray and catside's posts and figure out the situation, which you should have done before trying to start another fight. He doesn't owe you anything, and you should apologize and stop being a dick.

3 people like this.
  7. barrelntrigger

Don't ever doubt the program, bro! You are doing a great thing! Although I've yet to participate but believe me, I think you are doing a good thing! Please keep this thrift thread tradition alive and well!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. size 38R

You wanna play again?
    [​IMG]
    this is not a fight. and not something for you to get involved in. i was misled, and if you had won, you would be saying"where the fuck is my suit??"
    i read both of the posts, and waited a month for ray to clarify. nobody enters a competition to win and go in to a raffle.
    it is important to let the thread know when somebody is not doing what they say they will.

if ray wants to make this right, he can sell said prize, and give the cash to Catside ,or Wes, to put in a charity of their choice.
    i'm more interested in guys doing right by others in the thread than getting a Brioni suit.

Hans: you are doing a great thing on here, let's keep it going. and hopefully next year everybody has a merry thriftmas.[​IMG]

9. caseyfud

okay, so first rayxlui says he's thinking about doing a raffle where each $10+ donation to the red cross earns an entry to win something, maybe a brioni or an LVC item. catside says that for the scavenger hunt, he'll make donations to the red cross in your name if you meet his requirements, which he'll enter into rayxlui's raffle. rayxlui never ran the raffle, which is no crime because we all have shit to do other than fun and games for the thrift thread. so how you got from these two posts to "rayxlui owes the winner of the scavenger hunt a brioni suit" is beyond me, and if you can show me the logic that gets you there I'll buy you a brioni suit and hand-deliver it to you.

4 people like this.
  10. rayxlui

rayxlui Well-Known Member

Let's drop it guys.

1 person likes this.
  11. barrelntrigger

Thread derail: I don't know about you guys but I've just burned through what it felt like 100 episodes of Naruto Shippuden. Dring the last 40 or so episodes I've teared up more often then I did when watching Bridges Of Madison County.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. size 38R

through pm, we have worked it out. i offered him the opportunity to sell said Brioni, and donate ALL proceeds to the phillipines charity. with proof of sale and donation,
    -if done, i will issue a profound and very public apology. giving a larger donation than he solicited me for, and seeing it given is prize enough for me. it's all about honesty, and helping others.

keep it real, gents.

Caseyfud: donations were made in my name (by catside) for each hunt item found, totaling 4 donations. =most donations by an entrant, and hunt winner.> prize is a no-show. i asked, and i waited. and now i would rather see it go to a charity, than deal with B.S. got more to say?

13. rayxlui

rayxlui Well-Known Member

dafuq? I've done nothing wrong, why are you pushing my hand?

I'll make a donation if you match me.

14. size 38R

i was prepared to drop this, but you are still playing games? 4 seperate donations were already donated in my name to said charity, i have done all i can recently to help others, and have conducted myself honestly and in good faith here. simply allowing the hunt to proceed, and people entering for no reason. you should have been more up front about it. and i already pm'd you i don't have $50+ postage for your thrifted suit. (that i entered to win) and you are still trying to twist this? you could have handled this better, instead of trying to sell me the prize, or soliciting more donations. -via a clear explanation and negotiation.

in real life, i am assisting the people in the phillipines more than you could fathom. - am helping with the safe passage of a whole season's unsaleable fresh produce (damaged/too small) through phillipine customs and helping look for an importer to handle said produce. assisting my previous employer before founding my own company. for free.
    starting your own business can make you poor. so i have given all i can give in recent months, even raiding my own closet for charitable sale items.

- i work hard to help others, and keep any agreements and/or statements i have made. and stand firm by my integrity. i merely ask you to do the same.

so sell the suit you considered as a prize, keep what your thrift cost was, and donate the rest (or don't) . i will not respond to you on this again.

15. sparrow

sparrow Well-Known Member

Luv naruto
    Sessions are the best way to see a show!

I'll get deets tonight was late

1 person likes this.
  16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Go wifey!!!

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  17. capnwes

capnwes Well-Known Member

^^ Apparently I need a new wife.

3 people like this.
  18. JackFlash

JackFlash Well-Known Member

Or a wife. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. ATLjon

ATLjon Well-Known Member

I think this would all go down better if you changed your avatar to a kitten or something. But probably not.

20. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Seems like I wasn't the only one drinking last night...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.