• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt73106

Reaction score
My two small finds for the day, a pair of SEE made in Italy polarized tortoise shell sunglasses. Not a perfect replacement for the vintage Wayfarers I lost over the summer, but pretty close. They definitely have some "heft" to them. N/A

Looks like they could be Oliver Peoples Coco's - You can have the lenses replaced for about $50 to $60. Nice find.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of that Brioni top coat. My sister is having her annual Christmas party tonight, this is what I was thinking.
Brioni top coat, thrifted
No name made in Italy hand rolled silk scarf, thrifted
Levis cords, not thrifted
Unknown English bench made cap toes
Pendleton tartan plaid tie, thrifted
Vintage BB OCBD, thrifted
Samualson blazer from Horses Ass
Unknown cashmere sweater vest, thrifted

Hows that for a smile. :D

edit: sorry, you cant really see the jackets

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like they could be Oliver Peoples Coco's - You can have the lenses replaced for about $50 to $60. Nice find.

Sweet! So there is a eyeglass store here in Chicago called SEE, does that mean they put their store name on other makers glasses?

Jpmorris

Reaction score

^^^^ I don't know what you mean by resold prior to resale. But in general good condition Bally is good for a flip. Nothing crazy, but they move in my experience. Also, im sure you probably already got 2 or 3 PM since they are 7.5 :) Ok chilluns, you don't like my brioni, nor my filson, nor my sulka. How about this! If this goes unnoticed I give up haha. Trying to show the side vents without sticking my hand in there... fail, oh well. The care tag is the ONLY tag I can find. But the Made in England was all Chester Barrie, right? This is a suit, side vented, ticket pocket, 100% cashmere. The pants are cuffed and double pleated.
My submission for the cheapies

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with an ID for this SC? My initial thought was older Canali, but I'm not sure.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone teach easyE to smile?
:D

acosbysweater

Reaction score
have been too busy / sick to thrift lately but here's a haul from the other day

daniel cremiex suit... signature suit. $25. but why'd you buy this?! there is a reason
rHqBL.jpg

1G8RR.jpg

yeahhhh buddy loro piana super 160's, isaia made.

****, I've left a number of these suits on the rack due to the DC name....guess I should pay more attention to makers tags if it's a Super 150s + suit...

ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
margiela dress pants 30 each
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas

I want to see pics of it all, but these are all blowing my mind.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to rant about Goodwill of Silicon Valley raising the prices on all sport coats and suits by 100% right befor Christmas! Way to milk your profits!

Okay, rant over. I did find a nice Tori Richard aloha shirt (possibly from the 70s) on my stop during today's bike ride...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know. It's annoying to see prices marked up from one day to the next. No ones buying the stuff there...

I'm at a different GW now. Awesome luck. Two pairs Zanella pants! There's a first time for everything...

hucklecat

Reaction score
My Goodwill rant. Goodwill of North Georgia on Saturday removes all the items that are scheduled for the 50% off color of the week and puts them in the back room. Takes a bit of the fun out of bargain shopping. The Goodwills still provide daily entertainment, got a Howard Miller Grandfather clock for $50.00 a couple of weeks back, pretty much perfect condition. And yet the people that price their items ask $50 for a Chinese Prada.

half lunatic

Reaction score
Styleforum doesn't like to post my replies some times =/

Orvis Navy Jacket, Tagged 42L, 3 Button, single vent. Available and can get measurements if anyone is interested.

Faconnable shirt tagged M fits more like a small. MOP buttons. Available.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The following aren't thrifted, but I got them for steals! $60 Brand New Barbour Jacket. Functional cuffs? YES SIR. Missing a button, going to contact Barbour for a replacement. NOT AVAILABLE
barbourmain.jpg
barbour3.jpg
barbour2.jpg
barbour4.jpg
barbour5.jpg
Size 40L Corneliani Sport Coat - :slayer: LINEN SILK BLEND :slayer: Available For $350 SHIPPED
cornelianiscmain.jpg
cornelianisc1.jpg
cornelianisc2.jpg
cornelianisc3.jpg
cornelianisc4.jpg
cornelianisc5.jpg
cornelianisc6.jpg
cornelianisc7.jpg
cornelianisc8.jpg
cornelianisc9.jpg
cornelianisc10.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads