• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I shed a tear when this did not fit as it was oh so close BUT it should be good trade material or help pay for my (soon to be ordered if i cant find anything) tux. I dont use this often when thrifting, but from my experience it is NWOT. Shoulder basting is still intact.
Edit - Forgot to upload the last picture of size tag
That is AWESOME!

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
quote name="eddievddr10" url="/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/57600#post_5979836"]been crazy busy, but highlights as promised (these are already out of my hands) all nwt from discount store last year or so season-wise
about 150 new in bags folded up shirts only brioni isaia kiton drakes and zegna,price between 30 and 50 a piece (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
60 pairs of incotex and brioni all new mostly wools between 35 and 50
margiela dress pants 30 each
ties all about 20 a piece or less about 100 ties and bow ties ranging from kiton brioni alexander olch bbbf lanvin (the couture line) drakes e. tautz zegna burberry prorsum thom browne etc (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
10 zegna dress pants 35 a piece
3 isaia cashmere blazers 125 a piece
balmain military distressed shirt 45 dollas
lanvin couture shirts 35 dollas
margiela black laceups classic shoes 100 dollas
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
rlpl pants and cashmere sweaters 50 dollas
rlbl suits 180 dollas
bbbf suits like 10 for 165 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas
and on and on and on
the rest escapes me at the moment
the coup de grace a kiton half cashmere blazer for 40 dolla? holla![/quote]

Looking through your ebay now. Not only do you get amazing makers but everything is a desirable piece in popular sizes. Can't wait to see your E. Tautz and Bastian pick ups. Someday I wish to have the buying power or a Eddievddr/Spoo/DM7.

yossi

Reaction score
Ok, thank you all! Bought the 2-yr-old a stuffed giraffe to keep him quiet ($1, not available), and inspecting the suit now. Will post pics later!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
quote name="eddievddr10" url="/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/57600#post_5979836"]been crazy busy, but highlights as promised (these are already out of my hands) all nwt from discount store last year or so season-wise
about 150 new in bags folded up shirts only brioni isaia kiton drakes and zegna,price between 30 and 50 a piece (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
60 pairs of incotex and brioni all new mostly wools between 35 and 50
margiela dress pants 30 each
ties all about 20 a piece or less about 100 ties and bow ties ranging from kiton brioni alexander olch bbbf lanvin (the couture line) drakes e. tautz zegna burberry prorsum thom browne etc (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
10 zegna dress pants 35 a piece
3 isaia cashmere blazers 125 a piece
balmain military distressed shirt 45 dollas
lanvin couture shirts 35 dollas
margiela black laceups classic shoes 100 dollas
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
rlpl pants and cashmere sweaters 50 dollas
rlbl suits 180 dollas
bbbf suits like 10 for 165 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas
and on and on and on
the rest escapes me at the moment
the coup de grace a kiton half cashmere blazer for 40 dolla? holla!

Looking through your ebay now. Not only do you get amazing makers but everything is a desirable piece in popular sizes. Can't wait to see your E. Tautz and Bastian pick ups. Someday I wish to have the buying power or a Eddievddr/Spoo/DM7.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think enough people have the buying power, its that they don't have the connections. I have someone who would go in on a haul like this with me (my HF consignor had 100K+ retail in his closet waiting to be sold), but all the avenues I have explored to find a haul like this did not pan out. Its more being able to FIND this stuff then being able to afford it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I can't find my old posts for my inclusion in the cheapies so I'm just going to re-post and quote from here. I hope that's cool.
Brioni cashmere and wool topcoat, price paid, $4

Etro cotton jacket with silk lining and lamb fur collar, more expensive. Mexi, I still haven't taken it to the tailors, but I'm hoping to soon.

RLPL cashmere topcoat, $6-7K retail, $10 that I can't seem to find any pictures of. :brick:
Edit: thanks Brian
http://www.styleforum.net/g/a/36354...-retail-6000-7000-made-by-st-andrews-size-46/

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Ok, I can't find my old posts for my inclusion in the cheapies so I'm just going to re-post and quote from here. I hope that's cool.
Brioni cashmere and wool topcoat, price paid, $4

Etro cotton jacket with silk lining and lamb fur collar, more expensive. Mexi, I still haven't taken it to the tailors, but I'm hoping to soon.

RLPL cashmere topcoat, $6-7K retail, $10 that I can't seem to find any pictures of.
baldy[1].gif
http://www.styleforum.net/g/a/36354...-retail-6000-7000-made-by-st-andrews-size-46/
puzzled.gif

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week

Brooks Brothers #3 tie

Ferragamo

Polo

Trafalgar

Turnbull & Asser

Jil Sander

Four pairs of size 32 Zanellas

FENWAY

Reaction score
Quick stop today produced a nice RLPL and an insect Ferragamo tie like someone posted a while back. Passed on a pair of crazy heavy wool Woolrich pants with the cuffed ankles. I was sweating just holding them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads