• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit from today, don't judge it is has been a long wrinkly day. I broke out the tweed, the one that you guys can't figure out how it is tweed, jacket.

And here is one from the other day that I don't remember if I posted or not. I may have, but didn't receive any comments so oh well: you will see it again...

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While in NC for a funeral snagged these...

AE Fairgate in shell... size 11E... fits me, woot! Can't say I was in the market for a captoe blucher, but for 4 bucks... yep. The downside: one of the lines of stitching on one of the corners of one "blucher" has pulled loose, creating a tiny crack in the shell right there under there. I have them in the mail to B. Nelson already to see if he can sew it back down and salvage the shoes. If not, oh, well, 4 bucks!

Only other find on my (two) thrift stops down there was a R&G shirt... fffff.

2012-11-13_20-12-17_502.jpg

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orgetorix nice fit. TBen fit is good I think, but pictures can improve :D Wes, super transformation, you are clearly a very handy dude.

I passed so many ready flippables today that I think our local flippers got a bug or something. I am having increasing mental difficulty in flipping thing myself. Really have to drag my feet.
I bought for myself nwot Pendleton wool tartan shirts, three lambswool/Shetland sweaters Alan Payne and BB at ten bucks each. I got a very nice Southwick tweed which fits nicely, and was half price at 8 bucks and change. All for personal consumption.
Then I saw and had to buy -thrifters pride and all- an Arcteryx Alpha LT Goretex Proshell rain coat. XXL. I had Klobber in mind otherwise may be available or I wear it big walking the dog in rainy days of summer/late spring myself. It's mint and here is how it looks when new and 500 bucks:

Incredible stuff Nat, I first heard of them from you.

Last edited:

Nell

Reaction score
Past couple days - still working out the kinks of lighting, so excuse the shadows.

Bit garish and beat but love the combo wool/silk texture (70/30), and not an issue when I inevitably wreck it during formal season.
EtroWoolSilkTie.jpg

CP sneaks I mentioned earlier
CPCompanyOverview1.jpg

CPCompanyShoeFootbed.jpg
CPCompanyShoeSide1.jpg
CPCompanyInside.jpg

Press ties - dates on labels? The navy one is nearly identical to the Hermes I just traded Beck for :)fistbump:), so available for cool trades.
JPressNavyStirrup.jpg

JPressWoolTieRolled.jpg

JPressWoolTie.jpg
JPressNavyStirrupTag.jpg

guyver00

Reaction score
Nice find! Arteryx is like the Mercedes Benz of outdoors wear. The material used is top notched.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orgetorix nice fit. TBen fit is good I think, but pictures can improve
biggrin.gif
Wes, super transformation, you are clearly a very handy dude.
I passed so many ready flippables today that I think our local flippers got a bug or something. I am having increasing mental difficulty in flipping thing myself. Really have to drag my feet.
I bought for myself nwot Pendleton wool tartan shirts, three lambswool/Shetland sweaters Alan Payne and BB at ten bucks each. I got a very nice Southwick tweed which fits nicely, and was half price at 8 bucks and change. All for personal consumption.
Then I saw and had to buy -thrifters pride and all- an Arcteryx Alpha LT Goretex Proshell rain coat. XXL. I had Klobber in mind otherwise may be available or I wear it big walking the dog in rainy days of summer/late spring myself. It's mint and here is how it looks when new and 500 bucks:

so jealous, i can't afford to bite the bullet on something from them. if it were an L your inbox would be overloaded with pms from me :)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^

Awesome! Glad you got to see for yourself how nice this stuff is. That right there is an amazing find. I've seen Arctyrex shirts but only once have I ever found an outerwear piece by them. It was the Theta shell jacket, very similar to the one you found. Only reason I found it was that I was working at the Salvation Army at the time and was going through unprocessed donations from a very wealthy area. It fits like a glove and I still have it. One of my favorite jackets.

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice! i've spent a lot of time at REI looking at that exact jacket (i believe). their stuff just feels so much nicer than NF, Mountain Hardware, etc. :slayer:

It won't fit you Machiavelli Mexicano. Otherwise I would gift it to you.

dustinmyself

Reaction score
hahaha, 'twas a joke.

I finally know how to post pictures from my phone, so that was a "trial"

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It won't fit you Machiavelli Mexicano. Otherwise I would gift it to you.

:embar:

haha i wasn't subtly trying to get you to hook me up. i'm the least subtle person in the world. when i want something, i GO AFTER IT. (See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., (Nov. 14, 2012))

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
shog[1].gif

haha i wasn't subtly trying to get you to hook me up. i'm the least subtle person in the world. when i want something, i GO AFTER IT. (See, e.g., Mexicutioner v. Good Taste, et al., (Nov. 14, 2012))

Was that bluebook or alwd?

Edit: law joke...

Edit2: missing explanatory parenthetical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads