• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pnut, that aquascutum coat is AWESOME.

After meditating on Rainier to contemplate my supreme noobishness, I again broached the domain of the thrift gods...

successfully!

Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale blazer, PURE CASHMERE :)

All of the stitching actually is done by hand. Shame my camera isn't good enough to pick up on it. 

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Which part of Rainier? I once lived 30 minutes from the Nisqually entrance and spent a fair amount of time there. How's the Seattle GW these days? That place was effing awesome back in the day.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XD the Rainier part was a joke. Unfortunately, I was unable to actually go to rainier, as I have class, so I just facepalmed myself enthusiastically. Anyways, it's been rough weather there, I'd probably get Avalanche'd if I tried to go up there lol.

It's just mediocre now :/ never a good find there, except the odd pair of AEs, occasional stained T&A, and every so often I find an LB shirt. But this one came from Red Light. Paid 26 bucks, which is a lot more than I'd usually consider paying... but cashmere :)))))) I have literally never felt fabric this soft. Pity it doesnt fit :/

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

damnit, I had a shitload of posts multi'd and I hit close by accident.
Handserhund, you sir are doing thrift fits right.
That gucci tie is real and recent
The pic in the news screenshit is from Pitti

I've done that a dozen times and it's moving up on my list of things that make me want to throw my computer out the window. Thanks for that, anyway :happy:

New shell? Tom Ford? Straight cash? Can't comment on everything that's popped up here because there's been so much but congrats all around. It's really fun to see this stuff even though I'm drowning in work and not really able to get out and bring something home.

Happy election day to all of the Americans here...I think Austrian media is more interested in American politics than Austrian politics. I did, however, enjoy reading one of the many posters from the far right party here yesterday.

Some highlights: The FPÖ is against staying a neutral country.
The FPÖ is against staying in the EU.
The FPÖ wants a direct democracy like Switzerland.
The FPÖ feels most crime in Austria is committed by foreigners.

Well, you have to love their honesty in sharing their opinions. :rotflmao:

Keep the finds coming, it's fun to watch. If I owe you a PM, I'll get back to you ASAP!

AriesK

Reaction score
An interesting piece - still got the creases like it just got opened from a bag.

Saw one on ebay going for $39.99. But, whatever. Doesn't fit me, so available to one of you trads who has a formal function coming up this holiday season. Newbie olive branch!

oh, french cuffs and no buttons - need to supply your own shirt studs. I'm sure you guys can tell that already.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pnut, that aquascutum coat is AWESOME.

After meditating on Rainier to contemplate my supreme noobishness, I again broached the domain of the thrift gods...

successfully!

Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale blazer, PURE CASHMERE :)

I can't even begin. But please people; edit you quotes or spoiler

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also threw on the Oxxford overcoat Guitar Preacher proxied for me last year

YES!!!

Can someone explain to me NM Last call? Boston store's events says the "first call" sale is currently on going and starting thursday is a "3-day spree" is that count as the last call? Everyone's pick ups from this thing have been real nice and I want to get in on the action/
Drooool...
Just got them today! Thanks for including the shirt too! Pants fit really well, I thought I was going to have to get them hemmed but they fit perfectly. Stay tuned for a thrift fit...
Made the trek out to a store outside my usual circuit today. Was about to chalk it up to a loss when literally the last thing I looked at was:

Not a brand I would have ever guessed I would have happened upon in a thrift, For those unfamiliar they are a young SWD from london. Along the lines of Vivism or Norse Projects. Their shirts usually sell for around $200 new. It fits me but not sure how I would wear it so available. Tag size 4, equals about a slim medium.

Oh sunday, I left behind a vintage brooks bros makers navy wool sack suit. They wanted a bit more than I was willing to spend and I figured it was something that Typhoid Jones was destined to find.

fistbump.gif

fing02[1].gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

An interesting piece - still got the creases like it just got opened from a bag.

Saw one on ebay going for $39.99. But, whatever. Doesn't fit me, so available to one of you trads who has a formal function coming up this holiday season. Newbie olive branch!

oh, french cuffs and no buttons - need to supply your own shirt studs. I'm sure you guys can tell that already.

That's pretty cool, do you have measurements??

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, BTW, how did those LVC fit?

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, tomorrow I think I'll post all the ties I've found...

Signs you have a problem: You're a college student and you own more ties than your father :p

NONE of these are available. You'll never take my ties from me :)

Some of my favorite pieces from the collection you'll see:

Classic YSL Red/Black striped. Most expensive thrifted tie I've ever bought at 25 dollars, but I adore the tie so...

Old school Made in England Paul Stuart tie in maroon and gold.

Black aquascutum tie with a pale pink ribbon pattern- rocking this one tomorrow :)

OLD school nordstrom tie, woven in England. Pale yellow with black dots. It has a stain on it (tiny and I'm going to try my luck at the dry cleaners) but I got it for FREE so... :)

Brooks brothers makers in a wonderfully intricate black, white, and gray silk weave.

RLGL tie in navy with red and yellow stripes. Probably my favorite of the entire lot because it dresses up and down so easily.

And many more. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to this shop I hit up earlier and kop the wonderful YSL woven tie I saw there... 14 bucks but it was yellow and I'm a sucker for yellow :p

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLGL tie in navy with red and yellow stripes. Probably my favorite of the entire lot because it dresses up and down so easily.

And many more. Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to this shop I hit up earlier and kop the wonderful YSL woven tie I saw there... 14 bucks but it was yellow and I'm a sucker for yellow :p

Ralph Lauren Green Label? You mean like this one?

If so, my man, you might want to go back a few hundred pages and read up on it...

Also, I hope you find the YSL you are looking for...

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a used coat and used clothes are worth next to nothing which is why they sell them in thrift shops for poor people.  It's worth what you paid for it.

Ah, perhaps you don't fully understand which forum thread you are posting in...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quick question for you Filson experts - if a jacket is tagged a 16, is that certainly womens? It looks like mens, but Im not sure. The model number is 83W, if that helps...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by House

It's a used coat and used clothes are worth next to nothing which is why they sell them in thrift shops for poor people. It's worth what you paid for it.

images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads