• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Spoo enough with the ties and suits! Next time you clean your closet how about hitting the shirts. I love the ones I bought from you last time.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo enough with the ties and suits! Next time you clean your closet how about hitting the shirts. I love the ones I bought from you last time.

Actually, I just did that. Stuff is at the cleaners now, was planning a thread for next week.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you cleaned them?!

well now you just lost one buyer

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you remove the most desirable aspect of a piece of clothing you kinda kill the value...

Its like cleaning a fine painting with Windex.

you should have seen it coming

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
you cleaned them?!

well now you just lost one buyer

Someone just got them selfs added to the "The Official SF eBay Black List"....creepy
stirpot.gif

I kid, but
spam[1].gif
for more people to get this **** together and PM me to add there blocked ebay bidders to the SF Black List. Here is the official thread if you missed it the first two times. http://www.styleforum.net/t/279161/the-official-sf-ebay-black-list/0_50

Last edited:

Kitontini

Reaction score
Wow, getting jealous of everyone who's actually finding good stuff at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I got the finest crap in town at the Marshall's I hit the other day. Alot of Axist, Hilfiger, Cole Haan...etc. Some people may like those designers... but I don't. I hit up an Arc too. Found an orphaned Oxxford suit jacket, size 39 Sh. Turned the store upside down, never found the pants. So I had to leave it.

Oh and to the guy who found the Cucinelli at Marshall's for $69.00 :eek:..... :fu:

MattR

Reaction score

also...is it just my neck of the woods, or can you all pick off decent BB ties at thrifts for $2-$5 any day of the week (i.e. you leave ties behind that you'd either never wear or have in similar colors/patterns already?)

There are usually a few hanging out at that price around here.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Today's snags:

Mid-90s? Eddie Bauer goose down-fill parka that fits me oustandingly well. It's probably a 60/40 like most cotton outerwear. It is missing the zip on hood and was steeply priced at $25, but I've been looking for a coat exactly like this in a trim size and it's even in a favorable burnt orange color. One tiny stain on the side and some cuff wear, but this will be fantastic for winter hikes and what not.

97cm Pringle of Scotland belt. I tried to find a single Pringle belt on eBay or even Google for that matter...nada. I know that Barneys and Park and Bond sell their knits and outerwear, but the belts seem to be a phantom item. Anyone else seen a Pringle belt? It's an incredibly stout leather with a contrasting suede (?) overlay, featuring the Pringle script and a coat of arms-style lion, which I assume to be their logo.

36" Brown coach belt...pretty standard. Veggie dyed leather, made in Turkey.

Left behind a pretty fantastic, in style (as far as streetwear goes), mid-70s L.L. Bean Chamois shirt in 14 1/2 neck size (XS, essentially) in a camo print. I really really love the look of vintage camo and the chamois shirt is a stone cold classic fall and spring hunting garment. Oh well, now I know to look for a 15 1/2 in this print.

Both of the belts are up for sale or trade; they are in immaculate condition.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
^^ How does something that nice stick around in the stores long enough to wait out interest for a couple days. That thing wouldn't last 4 hours in my local stores.

People in my area are more interested in Jack Spade and Marc by Marc Jacobs than Cucinelli.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Left behind a pretty fantastic, in style (as far as streetwear goes), mid-70s L.L. Bean Chamois shirt in 14 1/2 neck size (XS, essentially) in a camo print. I really really love the look of vintage camo and the chamois shirt is a stone cold classic fall and spring hunting garment. Oh well, now I know to look for a 15 1/2 in this print.

Most of the XS stuff flips pretty well as us small guys have a hard time finding it due to being on the end of the bell curve
mwink[1].gif

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which BB line is this label? I couldn't tell from anything else in the suit b/c I just don't know BB that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads