• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

div25sec9

Reaction score

One of my local shops must've gotten a huge donation of either radio station or DJ vinyl. 2 shelves of nothing but techno/dance/whatever single LPs, club remixes, and promos. I really don't have much knowledge about vinyl from that specific genre so aside from a couple things from Wu-Tang, Fatboy Slim, and Destiny's Child there was nothing I'd ever heard of. All of them were in perfect like new shape (mostly because the oldest were from the mid 90's) and I really have no idea if there was a goldmine there or not but there sure was a **** ton of them.

They also got in a nice sized donation suits all from the same guy, purchased from the same shop, and every single one of them had some kind of funky crap on the pants whether its food stains, bleach, and what I'm really choosing to hope is some sort of sticky white condiment. Samuelsohn, Boss, and Brooks all wrecked.

Sigh.

...a bit of knowledge in vinyl can return you huge amounts. Is it techno as in the genre, or a generic term used to describe electronic music? Old Detroit techno goes for large prices; some Drum and Bass goes for quite a bit as well.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

Dang you beat me to it, if they don't work out for you swing that Isaia my way.

BTW the Borrelli shirts I ordered arrived, I'll try them on and then get back to you. Also, that seller listed more shirts in 16.5.

Sweet! If you do keep them, could you get measurements so I can decide between the 16.5 and the 17?

I will definitely let you know. I need to keep you in mind when something doesnt work for me!

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Sweet! If you do keep them, could you get measurements so I can decide between the 16.5 and the 17?
I will definitely let you know. I need to keep you in mind when something doesnt work for me!

Sometimes it good finding someone the same size, sometimes it sucks...
patch[1].gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That bad part is, all of us seem to hover over this thread daily :laugh:

steveoly

Reaction score

And if the 16.5s don't work for you, you know who to call!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh heh
Jacket 43-44
Shirt 17 / 34

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
Rag and bone cardigan, sz M, deep wine color, picked it up at marshalls. Drop me a pm if your interested, might price it a bit high cause I really want to keep it.
Some other nice knits tagged vince, they seem very cozy. Also saw some by jack spade, quality?

a67ea51f.jpg

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of people were curious to see pictures of the Brooks Brothers casual jacket I mentioned last week. I went back and decided to buy it, so here it is. Looking over it, I think it must be NWOT. Being the end/beginning of the year, I've seen quite a few things that were obviously donated by retailers for a tax break. This was one of those, I think. Planning to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads