• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a standard way for packing denim/washed pants.... it's to make sure that the pants don't look too flat when it hits the store shelves, as the manufacturers sometimes may accidentally iron the pants or fold them too flat.

I would have expected RL to repack it to ship to consumers though

Last edited:

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R.I.P. Rising Sun...they're closing up shop

http://denimhunters.com/2012/07/risingsun/

the Rising Sun diamond calico shirt is one of my favorite shirts and it's fading beautifully

ralch2.jpg

captainshields

Reaction score
So I just received the Officer's Field Chino in New Military Khaki that I ordered from the site, and whoever packed the pants rolled the legs all the way up into the crotch of the pants, like a ball. I had to unroll each leg and the pants are super wrinkled as a result.

WTF? Has anyone else received their pants like this? I don't mind a few wrinkles and I would normally just wash them but I wanted to wear them for a while so they stretch a half size. Maybe they are trying to impose the care free wrinkled chino ethos on me. Or maybe the guy who packed the pants is just a dick.

If you wear them for a day or 2 I'm sure the wrinkles will come out...
Or just wet them a little bit while you're wearing them if it really bugs you.

I honestly can't think of any way a pair of pants can be shipped without wrinkling them.

captainshields

Reaction score
it's been on their Instagram and formed by insiders who work with the company

Oh, I see. Thought that link you posted was supposed to be about them closing down.
Never been a fan of them honestly.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So I just received the Officer's Field Chino in New Military Khaki that I ordered from the site, and whoever packed the pants rolled the legs all the way up into the crotch of the pants, like a ball. I had to unroll each leg and the pants are super wrinkled as a result.

WTF? Has anyone else received their pants like this? I don't mind a few wrinkles and I would normally just wash them but I wanted to wear them for a while so they stretch a half size. Maybe they are trying to impose the care free wrinkled chino ethos on me. Or maybe the guy who packed the pants is just a dick.

Yep, I've received RRL and even Polo pants like that.
One pair of RRL chinos had stips of fabric tied through the legs to get them extra crumpled.

i10casual

Reaction score
haha they prob had to pack just one more in the tiny shipping box from the factory.

papillo

Reaction score

Hmm ive never received pants that way. However, cant you just iron it before you wear?

alex99

Reaction score

Hmm ive never received pants that way. However, cant you just iron it before you wear?

Yeah, I can iron them. It's just strange they would send them like this. I've ordered jeans from RRL and they arrived folded in a normal fashion. If you go to a RL store they store the jeans and khakis flat as well, so i thought someone in shipping was just being a jerk.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try on the Slim fit Uticas and I have to say...I am very disappointed with the quality of RRL...feels and fits like a pair of gaps I use to own...just terrible...

If anybody is interested in a size 32x34...Pm me...thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads