• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Fast Food Appreciation Thread

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Do you live in the Pac NW as your location (assuming it's an area code) implies?

I grew up out there and the strip mall teriyaki is out of this world. Every time I visit I make a point of getting lunch at my local strip mall for $3.98.

Not sure why, but there are not Japanese people east of the the Mississippi practicing this wonderful craft on the level scene on the West Coast.

Yup I live in the NW. Never had strip mall teriyaki before.

I have to be careful with teriyaki these days. There's lots of pan asian fake crap that doesn't even taste like teriyaki but stir fried chicken.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually make a stop at the In-n-Out in Placerville on the way to Tahoe. After gutting it through Bay Area and Sacto trafiic, P'ville is the perfect stop before the ascent. Nothing like throwing back a double-double animalz before that last 90 minutes of twisty mountain roads.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Is that the one with the doritos in it?

Fritos, but yes. That's where the crunch comes from.

Originally Posted by mm84321
Have you been watching the news?

I don't want to know.

Originally Posted by TyCooN
Yup I live in the NW. Never had strip mall teriyaki before.

I have to be careful with teriyaki these days. There's lots of pan asian fake crap that doesn't even taste like teriyaki but stir fried chicken.

I'm not familiar with these types of joints. You want to look for the place that is right next to an empty Hollywood Video and is serving the "lunch special" which is grilled chicken, white rice, and a small salad with some sort of ranch-style dressing on it It'll come served in a stryofoam clamshell to enhance the flavor.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^

Teriyaki like that got me through Sophomore year in college when I was broke as hell. I could easily get two meals out of the huge amount of food they dished out.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Grew up a health food kid in a vegetarian house, wasn't allowed to eat junk food, drank Coke like once a year for many years and Diet Coke at that, so I was a late bloomer with fast food.

We had McDonald's day at school when I was growing up in Australia around the last day of school, just once a year. They'd bring out soggy, lukewarm burgers and you'd pre-order them with a few dollar coins in a white envelope and give to your teacher, and then go collect them and eat burgers on the parade with your friends. Possibly one of the best food related memories I have, actually. Getting my crack and enjoying it with friends.

I used to get whole wheat sandwiches with ******* alfalfa sprouts on them when I was like 6, and they'd get soggy from the frozen juicebox inside, so they got tossed under people's crawlspaces on my way home. Grew up way skinny, spent my time drawing insanely detailed crayon drawings of pizza with good shading and 3 dimensions, probably because I was hungry all the time and wasn't getting full off the tempeh and sprout dinners and lunches. I knew what carob was before half of you dudes were even born. Trawled for coins around the house and picked up stray coins on the sidewalk when I was home after school, could usually get the smallest of fish and chips and a coke at the corner shop before my parents got home. Also a fun memory.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Please tell me this story has a happy ending.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hm. binged on fast food when I got to high school and loitered and later got a driver's license, but that went along with other activities you do at that age.
Wasn't much fast food in downtown when I went to college because it was a small college town, mostly local businesses. Ate like pho 3-4 times a week, ate local pizza, ate Chipotle, ate gyros, ate chicken wings and bar food at least once a week, called in Chinese, ate Jimmy John's, ate real raunchy Mexican about once a week (usually Saturday at 3-4am)...

After college: been living in Asia, fast food in the deep-fried sense is a bit hard to find, fried chicken is inordinately popular in Asia but I don't like fried chicken that much. Started cooking for myself at the end of college so I've eaten my own food most of the time.

I did get to eat out at nice restaurants when I was a kid, I just couldn't eat junk food or drink Coke. I'm grateful that I never had to eat at stupid restaurants like Applebee's or Macaroni Grill ever, because now that I can cook for myself, I know more stuff to cook, or at least look up and cook. I guess that is the silver lining.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 On Chipotle

Love to get the Chicken soft Tacos.

For a fast burger, usually find myself at Five Guys (no drive-thu tho) and In-N-Out Burger is overrated once you've had Five Guys in your mouth....
shog[1].gif

Also a fan of Jason's Deli for sandwiches.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I used to get whole wheat sandwiches with ******* alfalfa sprouts on them when I was like 6.
marc37 would be very proud.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had two double cheeseburgers from micky d's for lunch today for the first time in years. As much as I hate mcd, I have to give them credit for making sliced pickles and chopped onions taste so damn good.

Stewbone

Reaction score
Offical Top 5 Fast Food Spots POWER RANKINGS.

1. In-N-Out Burger
2. Five Guys
3. Chipotle
4. Panera Bread
5. McDonald's

9001. Jack In The Box

changy

Reaction score
just tried korilla earlier (korean mexican fusion) thought it was better than chipotle. Also a big fan of japa dogs in vancouver.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
duncan donut croissant sandwiches (bacon egg cheese).

mcdonalds bfast sanwiches: egg mcmuffins

i like chicken mcnuggets (with sweet and sour sauce) if i need a quick meal, but only if they're "fresh" (lol.. seriously only if they are freshly fried).

after any fast food burger/sandwich/super processed food meal i do feel sluggish and headaches sometimes happen after.

you'd be surprised at the **** fellow doctors eat (I once joked about making a macdonalds run during duty and the other docs actually started handing me money with their orders for quarter pounders/big macs ect).

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
duncan donut croissant sandwiches (bacon egg cheese).

mcdonalds bfast sanwiches: egg mcmuffins

i like chicken mcnuggets (with sweet and sour sauce) if i need a quick meal, but only if they're "fresh" (lol.. seriously only if they are freshly fried).

after any fast food burger/sandwich/super processed food meal i do feel sluggish and headaches sometimes happen after.

you'd be surprised at the **** fellow doctors eat (I once joked about making a macdonalds run during duty and the other docs actually started handing me money with their orders for quarter pounders/big macs ect).

Can't stand eggs, but McDonald's Sausage McMuffin w/cheese is out of this world. Love the McNuggets. I prefer Spicy Mustard and BBQ sauce, but Sweet & Sour is find too. My preferred meal is 10 piece, large fry, and either a McChicken or Dbl Cheeseburger (if I'm feeling especially good then both). My parents are both nurses and that world is not better than doctors. They both have to make an effort to stay away from all of the treats and goodies that coworkers seem to bring in every other day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads