• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Fast Food Appreciation Thread

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
never heard of that burger before. Is it a japanese exclusive?

Yeah, it was a two week deal. Now they have the Miami Burger which is a quarter pounder with chili, tortilla chips, and some sort of sauce or something.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Yeah, it was a two week deal. Now they have the Miami Burger which is a quarter pounder with chili, tortilla chips, and some sort of sauce or something.
How different is a japanese big mac compared to an American one?
eh.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How different is a japanese big mac compared to an American one?
eh.gif

Bout the same, but the meat tastes better. More "clean" if you will. To be honest its the only burger I can stand eating at McDonalds. The Shaka Shaka chickens arent bad, its basically a fried chicken fillet with powder seasoning you shake on it in a bag.
Also we have the Mega Mac (double patties) or Tamago Mega Mac (3 patties, one round egg).

Best french fry tech award goes to First Kitchen (or Fa-Kin, pronounced like *******). They offer about 12 different flavor alternatives to salt. Everything from butter flavor to spicy cod roe. Also they have quite the sauce bar, including Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, BBQ, Mentai-Mayo (cod roe mayo), ranch/sour cream and onion, fry sauce, tartar, tonkatsu sauce, etc.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
180774_10150099159279311_508944310_6040461_4986673_n.jpg

Actually, pretty not bad.

180506_10150099159324311_508944310_6040462_2162862_n.jpg

That looks pretty good.

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
PSA - Really, you shouldn't eat this garbage.

Are you speaking ill of America's food engineering ingenuity. For shame, sir!

Seriously, though, all in moderation.

KFC Extra Crispy

Have you ever ate it cold? It taste great with ketchup if you leave it in the fridge for a few hours.

This sounds awful. Hot sauce is the official condiment for fried chicken.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This thread automatically wins the title of second most depressing SF thread, right after a Conne dating thread.

Get thee to a Harold's Fried Chicken Shack immediately.

changy

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I love the girls in their videos

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
eat your heart out - http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/ PS - I've heard so much about that McRib... anyone ever tried one? What's the deal?
Within the group of large corporate fast food, the McRib is a real winner. You get "slab" of boneless rib meet covered in onions, pickles, and what I might consider to be a high quality hoagie style bun. It has a small but dedicated following that awaits its arrival for one month each year. It's very similar to the Fillet-o-Fish promotion and the Shamrock Shake. That reminds me, we're about due for the annual Fillet-o-Fish promotion jingle: "Give me back that Fillet-o-Fish. Give me that fish."

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obese-children.jpg

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Baja salad at Wendy's (replaces the Chili Taco or whatever Salad) is a winner imo. Romaine lettuce salad with diced tomatoes, guac, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, some kind of smoked pepper dressing (I only use a tiny bit of the packet for some heat), and a cup of their chili.

It's tasty, filling, and not too bad on the calories if you forgo the dressing; which isn't really necessary since there's chili on it.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Chick-Fil-A for chicken. I have to agree with Anthony Bourdain who said that a Chicken McNugget is the most disgusting thing he's ever eaten, but Chick-Fil-A crushes the nuggets.

For burgers, there is one option which stands head and shoulders above the rest of the fast food universe:

whataburger.jpg

Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I know of that will substitute real shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of cheap American. And they melt it on the patty while it's on the grill...so awesome. After Whataburger it's a steep drop, but Sonic is clearly superior to most. McDonalds and Jack in the Box are my least favorite for burgers.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chick-fil-a is the only thing that's edible.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hannerhan
Chick-Fil-A for chicken. I have to agree with Anthony Bourdain who said that a Chicken McNugget is the most disgusting thing he's ever eaten, but Chick-Fil-A crushes the nuggets.

For burgers, there is one option which stands head and shoulders above the rest of the fast food universe:

whataburger.jpg

Whataburger is the only fast food burger joint I know of that will substitute real shredded cheddar cheese for the slice of cheap American. And they melt it on the patty while it's on the grill...so awesome. After Whataburger it's a steep drop, but Sonic is clearly superior to most. McDonalds and Jack in the Box are my least favorite for burgers.

At Jack in the Box you want to go for the Sourdough Jack. A rather expensive option in the world of fast food, but sometimes you have to pay up to get the goods.

Originally Posted by suited
chick-fil-a is the only thing that's edible.

I find Chick-fil-A to be bland. The fact that they are not open on Sundays is a real downer as well.

What about Chipotle? They use decent quality materials and I find their food to be quite tasty.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
never understood the chick fil a love. I'd eat Chipotle if it were a highway rest stop, I don't mind Sonic burgers with mustard and no mayo if they're done right (this is about 15% of the time I've found) Steak n Shake in the Midwest averages a little better for the basic burger, and I have fond memories of eating Blake's Lotaburger in New Mexico when I was a kid. I find In N Out overrated, have never had Five Guys but would probably find it overrated as well.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
180506_10150099159324311_508944310_6040462_2162862_n.jpg

Disgusting! You actually eat this ****? Just to be consistent, perhaps you should start buying your clothing at Walmart too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads