• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of Black Shell PTBs in size 9D. Anyone who has a pair looking to get rid of them please let me know. I'm looking for used, as I don't want to spend a huge amount. I have a pair of C&J Handgrade Captoe Audleys (9447-12) that are barely worn that I'm looking to replace with the Aldens. So if someone reading is looking for this specific swap, please let me know. The C&Js are BARELY worn. Maybe 10 times total and are in immaculate shape, size UK 8.5E.

pistolero

Reaction score
^^ I'm thinking of selling my black shell PTBs but they are size 10D unfortunately..

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking for a pair of Black Shell PTBs in size 9D. Anyone who has a pair looking to get rid of them please let me know. I'm looking for used, as I don't want to spend a huge amount. I have a pair of C&J Handgrade Captoe Audleys (9447-12) that are barely worn that I'm looking to replace with the Aldens. So if someone reading is looking for this specific swap, please let me know. The C&Js are BARELY worn. Maybe 10 times total and are in immaculate shape, size UK 8.5E.

have you seen these?

http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thr...others-shell-cordovan-straight-tip-blucher-9d

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting to like the Grant last more. Apologies for the crappy iPhone photo in flourescent office lighting. Cigar captoe boots with commando sole & Marcoliani OTC cotton socks purchased on B&S.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally decided to buy the shoe i've wanted for years but never pulled the trigger.

975s are in the mail.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know the feeling. i've started and stopped many times with alden. i've owned/own black shell chukkas, cigar chukkas, AF84s, PTBs, and the list goes on.

just for some reason, never pulled the trigger on the 975s. gonna throw on some navy laces and rock with the RRL officers.

vivalet

Reaction score
This may be an old topic, but I have been away on vacation and have to chime in.

Bryan has been nothing but the best when I visit the store. He knows so much about Alden's and has taught me so much. Always courteous, friendly, and patient with my tons of questions!

Bryan has been great to me from the first time I set foot into LSBH. He was friendly, helpful, and patiently answered all of my questions, and he took a lot of time to get me sized properly in the various Alden lasts back at my first visit there even though I didn't end up buying anything that day. It wasn't busy that day, but even when I've gone in on busy days, he's taken the time to acknowledge me immediately after seeing me in the store and coming over to help me as soon as he had a free moment.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Starting to like the Grant last more. Apologies for the crappy iPhone photo in flourescent office lighting. Cigar captoe boots with commando sole & Marcoliani OTC cotton socks purchased on B&S.

wow, nice!!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wow, nice!!

+1. Well done, Lagsun. The Grant is one of my favorite Alden lasts. Its got the comfort of the Barrie combined with the "sleekness" of the Plaza.

Grant Last :slayer:
Cigar Captoe :slayer:
Commando Sole :slayer:
Natural Edge Trim :slayer:

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is my new dream boot.

bduece, congrats on the LW, the 975 is on my wish list

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is my new dream boot.

bduece, congrats on the LW, the 975 is on my wish list

+1. Well done, Lagsun. The Grant is one of my favorite Alden lasts. Its got the comfort of the Barrie combined with the "sleekness" of the Plaza.

Grant Last :slayer:
Cigar Captoe :slayer:
Commando Sole :slayer:
Natural Edge Trim :slayer:

Thanks. I purchased them from SF member HorseHide. I heard these were a special makeup for Alden DC but don't quote me on it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. I purchased them from SF member HorseHide. I heard these were a special makeup for Alden DC but don't quote me on it.

that sounds about right. I remember sf'ers taking about this makeup. This is the first time I see it in the wild. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads