• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I mirror this sentiment. As shell color becomes lighter, my chances to wear in inclement weather go to zero.

nephew,
overshoes solve this matter

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

k wt boot
argyles otc
66zx5e.jpg

Last edited:

Alpina

Reaction score
Quote: Others may be able to clarify this, but I recall reading something about Leffot's maneuvering around Alden's gag order relating to shell offerings other than black or color 8. They might have put an Easter egg in an Instagram or something. Hey--I went back and found it for you--read this post and the two that follow.

thams

Reaction score
Others may be able to clarify this, but I recall reading something about Leffot's maneuvering around Alden's gag order relating to shell offerings other than black or color 8. They might have put an Easter egg in an Instagram or something. Hey--I went back and found it for you--read this post and the two that follow.
Right, this picture was posted at the same time that Alden confirmed production of the Daytripper from 2012. I got a call from Leffot saying that Alden finally procured enough ravello shell to fill that order. I'm speculating, but I think Leffot's posting of the picture was more to signify that the boot is finally being made rather than a new pre-order being generated. I think the few that were able to jump on the order in June were lucky to have been able to do so. No doubt some "original" people on the order got sick of waiting and transferred their pre-order downpayment to another shoe.

Alpina

Reaction score
Quote: I see. A smart way for them to lift the skirt and let a few more in without creating a big stir.

I got in on the late-2011 pre-order for the day tripper, and the wait was 13 months or so. Partway through, when it became maddening (it was my first pre-order) I reversed my thoughts of pulling out with reminders that I would be alive for that time either way. It became much easier to forget about them after that. Then one day, I got that call...

Last edited:

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between Leffot's "Daytripper" and the Ravello CT boots Alden DC was producing earlier this year?

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
Exactly.

I came close to pulling out of the pre-order several times over the past two years. Once I came to understand the Alden game I realized that the waiting was just part of the process. It's all about luck and patience.

thams

Reaction score
What's the difference between Leffot's "Daytripper" and the Ravello CT boots Alden DC was producing earlier this year?
From what I understand, the Alden DC boot will have commando soles, whereas the Daytripper will have double water lock (I think) sole. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same. We'll wait and see how different the ravello shades are from one another.

totalair1

Reaction score
From what I understand, the Alden DC boot will have commando soles, whereas the Daytripper will have double water lock (I think) sole. I'm pretty sure everything else is the same. We'll wait and see how different the ravello shades are from one another.
I think the Daytripper is a single water lock sole, other than sole everything is pretty much the same.

See Ya,
Steve

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance on the matter but what makes ravello cordovan so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads