• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

The first shoe models that are presented in the Alden printed catalog is the Tassel Moccasin. The description says "The original tassel moccasin. Often copied... never equalled".
LL
Robin, Where did you get that book? Never knew Alden did any sort of marketing... I always thought this was their marketing strategy... :)

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Interestingly, they say they were made for "Conformal Shoe Store", which I guess is what Moulded Shoe used to be named. Does anyone happen to know when the name changed?
Those look amazing, i need a pair just like em.
nod[1].gif

Thanks . . . Moulded Shoe does still have a few sizes left. Trying to decide if I want to topy them, as they have just the double leather sole with no waterlock. Will probably wear them for a little while before making up my mind.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Erik, they are on the Plaza Last. You are correct, they are too pointy to be on the Barrie.

this boot even looks odd for the plaza, as the plaza is a more of s soft square toe.

Maybe its the urban-legend Mac Last that people have been claiming exists.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another pre-order from Leffot just announced . . .

Four new Alden pre-orders will be available tomorrow, August 9, at 12:00 PM EDT. We’re bringing back some classics, plus a couple of Alden x Leffot oldies that haven’t been around for a while: the brown CXL longwing, the tobacco chamois longwing, the natural CXL Indy boot, and the reverse tobacco chamois Greenwich boot. Pre-orders will be accepted via the preceding links.

We will also accept requests for non-stock sizes via email and phone at the same time. The deadline for non-stock size requests is Tuesday, August 12, 2014.

In addition, there are still several sizes left on our Alden x Leffot black alpine grain LWB pre-order. We are no longer able to add non-stock sizes to this pre-order.

The number of pairs on these pre-orders is limited, and orders will be accepted while quantities last. Orders are on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to accept any requests before the launch time.

We suggest that you view the terms of our Alden Pre-Order Policy.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RTP, Leffot tabacco chamois pre-order goes live tomorrow!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads