• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a perfect all weather shoe... CXL NST on commando. With a thin heel I usually avoid barrie, but the heel cup doesn't feel overly large on this one.

Where are these from?

I would love a pair of those to compliment my NATCXLPTB as my multi-purpose weather shoes. Alden sure does know how to do a split toe. I actually hated the pattern until I saw some of the Alden makeups.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sir, they were 10D. 11B is my best Aberdeen size, but amazingly 10.5C and 10D work okay as well. There was one more pair remaining when I bought them a month or so ago. I got to pick between the two of them. Both had some minor creasing, I had to buff them a bit already to reduce the creasing.

-Mike
So the buffing helps to reduce the creases? I hadn't heard of that. But my shell care is still in its infancy.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are these from?
^^ I saw this makeup at "loafers & laces" - a store in Baltimore. didnt kop :p
I would love a pair of those to compliment my NATCXLPTB as my multi-purpose weather shoes. Alden sure does know how to do a split toe. I actually hated the pattern until I saw some of the Alden makeups.

Yes, Loafers and Laces as Sleepy mentioned. He had two pair on eBay under the ID "interlockpaving" (I assume his last ones). I'm sure similar make-ups are out there, but I hadn't recalled seeing these before. The dark CXL on my Innsbruck has aged nicely with slight color variations...hope these do the same.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Loafers and Laces as Sleepy mentioned. He had two pair on eBay under the ID "interlockpaving" (I assume his last ones). I'm sure similar make-ups are out there, but I hadn't recalled seeing these before. The dark CXL on my Innsbruck has aged nicely with slight color variations...hope these do the same.

The addition of exposed eyelets works so well on it. I am pretty sure Leather Soul also did this makeup at one time but did not have the exposed eyelets.

Too bad I missed out on these, might have to email Loafers and Laces to see if they will be re-stocking at some point.

Last edited:

V1KTA222

Reaction score
So I went to Alden today and found out I probably wear a 9B in Hampton last. I could potentially also fit 8.5B or 9A, but there were none for me to try on.

Either way, where can I look to find narrow sizes like this in other lasts (plaza comes to kind). Will they all have to be part of special orders?

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
So I went to Alden today and found out I probably wear a 9B in Hampton last. I could potentially also fit 8.5B or 9A, but there were none for me to try on.

Either way, where can I look to find narrow sizes like this in other lasts (plaza comes to kind). Will they all have to be part of special orders?

I have to pre-order all of mine. Not too many retailers will make a 10.5B normally.

-Mike

V1KTA222

Reaction score
I have to pre-order all of mine. Not too many retailers will make a 10.5B normally.

-Mike

OK, thanks for the info. Are pre-orders group buys, like through Epaulet? Or individual MTOs through Alden SF/DC?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Brixtons were from an Epaulet run a few years back, correct?

Looks like Barrie last to me. Beautiful boot.

Yep, these are Barrie last from Epaulet, I think I bought them in 2011. Rydenfan's from LS were very similar and are also a fantastic boot, they look particularly great in that shot he posted. I think the only differences were a waterloc sole that he mentioned and also a reverse welt, whereas the Epaulet Brixton was double leather with a flat welt. I think Unionmade also had a very similar looking boot right around the same time, I forget what it was called though.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2mqj669.jpg

king lhs
20krr12.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

OK, thanks for the info.  Are pre-orders group buys, like through Epaulet? Or individual MTOs through Alden SF/DC?

Welcome to the Alden shoe hunt.

For standard shoes, the shoes listed on aldenshoe.com, you can contact any Alden retailer and they can get them made for you with the next batch.

Then each store has their own special designs including shoes in the exotic colors. You need to work with each retailer individually to see what they make, if/when they are going to make them again, and see if they have a list going for that design.

Good luck and happy hunting! It can be a little daunting at first, but by establishing a relationship with a shop or two can be very handy. That's what I call the Mike Method. :)

-Mike

circleslife

Reaction score

Welcome to the Alden shoe hunt.

Good luck and happy hunting! It can be a little daunting at first, but by establishing a relationship with a shop or two can be very handy. That's what I call the Mike Method. :)

-Mike

Maybe we should call it dubs-step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics